“best spot on the island”

Koh Lipe Castaway Divers
Ranked #4 of 12 Tours in Ko Lipe
More attraction details
Owner description: Castaway Divers is a small friendly PADI Dive Resort, running daily fun dives and offering all PADI diving courses from discovery experiences to Dive Master training. We dive from traditional local longtail boats and limit our dive groups to 4 divers per guide for enjoyable, relaxed diving. We are located just outside Tarutao National Marine Park, home to some of Thailand’s most pristine soft corals, hard corals, and exotic fish life.
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I would highly recommend staying at Castaway. The accommodation is simple, comfortable and clean. The hammocks out front are great for quiet time and the location is perfect. Having breakfast every morning and enjoying happy hour in the evenings was quite enjoyable. Great service, everyone is so very friendly and welcoming. I will definitely look forward to staying here again.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"an amazing experience"
"experienced divers"

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Excellent option to dive, eat and stay at. Good food and music. Good service and view, good place to chill out.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

I dived with Castaway on the last day of my holiday.I advised that as it was my last day that I wanted to do some relaxed diving and ideally somewhere with some good visibility. I have 120 dives logged and appreciate that the natural world cannot be made to order. Nevertheless in the circumstances some frankness about the conditions and their experiences would have been appreciated. For those seeking to dive it is always worth checking the moon phase. Black moon means wide differential high to low tide and thus strong currents leading to tough diving due to currents and limited visibility. That said dive operators could leave themselves bereft of customers were they too frank and that is a difficult position for them. The reason I marked this review down is that I did ask about the size of the groups to be told max 4 or 5. On the day it turned into seven which was wholly inappropriate in tough diving conditons. In addition I found that on the day the guides/ divemasters spent more time flirting with eachother than engaging with their clientele which always makes me concerned. For the second dive at another site I was told by the 'guide' that the visibility would be better (not perfect just better). A surfacing diver who I happened to recognise told me that it was very poor so I declined the second dive and hitched a boat ride back to Koh Lipe with another dive operator. This was all a bit of a shame on my last diving day. No doubt my memory would have been better had the visibility been better but if I had been aware that the dive group would have been so big I would have cancelled the dive and saved myself £30. The longtail boat was also very overcrowded....it is built for fewer divers and with at least 10 people on the boat there was simply not enough room and definately very little shade on the hour it took to arrive at the dive site.

5  Thank David N
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We did the open water course. First time diving for us. Guess there there are better diving sites around the globe, but the school is definitely recommendable.

1  Thank SvitzenBrother