Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews sound of the waves low tide ko accommodation lipe island resort
Selected filters
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Good points: Beautiful little bay.

That's about it. The beach suffers from the long tail boats passing from Pattaya Beach from about 8:30am until approximately 10:00am and then the hoards arrive from the neighboring beach to find serenity and end up crowding it anyway. We did stay here during peak season (Xmas) so it may be quieter during other periods of the year. We have friends who have said they can't recognize this Koh Lipe from the island they visited 5 years ago...it seems it's going through a surge in popularity and this has unfortunately affected the area, especially with litter and noise from the bars on Pattaya Beach. The litter on the beach itself is picked up every morning, but they seem to ignore the rocky areas where it collects. Sanom Beach pretty much close their bar/restaurant from 5:30pm onwards. The rooms were basic and too expensive for what you got compared to other similar beaches in Thailand. The staff were nice enough but we were disappointed that we weren't offered a refund for our laundry as the laundry service they used ruined 3 of my wife's t-shirts. Complacency is Thailand's worst enemy right now - I've found that most resorts on a beautiful beach tend to sit back and nonchalantly let the beauty do the work for them and therefore the service suffers. Unfortunately, it seems this may carry on into the future until Burma open their islands and give Thailand the competition it needs.

Date of stay: December 2012
6  Thank Ohmytravels
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed at Sanom Beach over Christmas for 5 nights. Unfortunately, we didn't find the peaceful paradise we were expecting. The beach is small and there is very little seating provided. The beach became very crowded during the day by people coming over from the main beach. There is very little seating provided and this was always taken over by non-residents. The bungalow we stayed in was extremely basic with absolutely no character. The bedroom had formica walls which could have done with a good clean. The view of the beach was blocked by a self-seeding tree which was a shame. Looking down from the bungalow we saw litter amongst the rocks together with a large piece of broken asbestos roofing material, wonderful for the enviroment! At night instead of listening to the sound of the sea we were kept awake by the music coming from the bars on the main beach.
Before staying at this resort we had stayed on Phi Phi island at the Relax Beach Resort, where we paid exactly the same price per night but the resort on Phi Phi was ten times better. The staff were friendly enough but not very professional. The laundry service provided is not recommended as three tee shirts belonging to my niece came back covered with orange rust marks. Instead of apologising and offering to replace the cost of the tee shirts, the manager just remarked that something like that had never happened before and she didn't know what to say about it - my niece received 100 baht compensation (approx 2.50 euros). I really can't understand why this resort ranks number 2 on Koh Lipe, there are much nicer places to stay. In fact, we do intend returning to Koh Lipe, which is a beautiful island, but we will stay on Sunrise Beach (probably at the Lipe Beach Resort) because the beach is stunning and not overcrowded like Sunset beach.

Room tip: If you are looking for peace and quiet then chose a resort on Sunrise Beach. This beach is beautiful but can be quite windy.
Date of stay: December 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
6  Thank EnglishB-Asti
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I've just returned from Sanom Beach. What can I say? returned? Let's say I have physically returned but, in reality my mind and heart is still there.
I arrived in Ko Lipe together with 3 friends after a long trip searching for a place that would have made me feel good and my first impressions of the island were not the best. We disembarked on Pattaya Beach and I found myself among 10 or more boats that were unloading tourists. No, even that wasn't the place that I was looking for. The bungalows that we had booked on our departure from Koh Lanta were dilapidated and so our search for new accommodation started once more.
At the end of the beach there was a suspended wooden walkway that followed around the rocks. Being as curious as I am, I started to follow the wooden walkway and suddenly the doors to paradise opened before me! At the end of the walkway there were some steps that took me up to Sanom Beach where the welcoming smile of Cheng was there to greet me. The beach there is clean, quiet and definitely less busy. There are 7 bungalows, basic and certainly not luxurious but here, at Sanom Beach, luxury is something else!

It's waking up at dawn, getting out of bed and diving into that crystal clear and warm sea. It's lying on the white sand while sipping on a cold beer. It's asking for anything you need and finding your request always met with a smile! It's going to bed, rocked by the gentle sound of the waves and the breeze...
The Staff are simply fantastic! They call you by name and after just one day I already felt like I was member of their family!
For lunch, they have a series of excellent Thai dishes and for two evenings they prepared a barbecue on the beach for us with fish freshly caught by themselves and cooked to perfection.
Thank you Cheng, Mariona and Miquel and the rest of the team of staff, you really made me feel fantastic. So good that you are in my heart and I can't wait to come back and stay with you. And it may be sooner than you think...

A big hug

Marina

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
6  Thank marina_vacanze
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Lovely little white beach. Tends to get overcrowded, with day trippers from Pattaya beach. Good snorkelling. Accommodation expensive, considering : basic bamboo hut, no flush toilet, no top sheet, nylon bottom sheet, broken outside tap, bathroom light not working, restaurant closes at 4pm.. Over relaxed management. The little communal space there is, is taken over by them and you feel as if you are intruding if you ask for anything. The place has no soul. If it was half the price, all this would not matter but we felt fleeced, especially when we were charged extra for a few spoons of honey on our muesli!

Date of stay: March 2012
5  Thank Flashpackergo
Reviewed March 9, 2012

We stayed there in December for 6 Days and booked the first 3 days in advance to have a place to stay. Our plan was to have a look aroung to check if there are other nice accommodations. After our stroll we decided to book 3 more nights. There is no other place on this island for this price. The rooms a simple but what do i need more than a bed, a moscitonet and a fan?

The best thing is the beach. It is a small beach part, which is isolated from the main beach. It is quiet an most of all there is nearly no longtailboat in the water. All the other beaches on the island had massiv amounts of longtailboats in the water.

The kitchen is simple aswell but very delicious. We always had breakfast and lunch there. For dinner we went to the other parts of the island.

So in total the perfect stay in Koh Lipe. If we go there again this is the only place we would stay.

Date of stay: December 2011