We arrived at Sita Beach Resort late morning and was advised that check in time is only from 2pm and had to wait, as our room was not yet ready. We had lunch at the hotel's restaurant - which was great - and settled on the sun loungers on the beach. April is really hot, and after an hour, the heat was too much for us and we went to the shaded lobby area to ask if the rooms aren't perhaps ready yet (13H30 at this time). It was still not ready, so we pulled out the ipad to check our mail -since there was free wifi in the lobby area. Wifi was really really slow and could not download our mail. We sat and waited and at 14H45 eventually asked again if the room is still not ready - as it's now 45 minutes past check in time. Very surprised ... the reception advised, "yeah - it's been ready for a while now " ... but no-one thought to notify us.
Our room was way at the back of the property and we were driven there by golf buggy. From there many steps to our room on the top floor. The rooms at the back share their own pool, which we could view from the bedroom, but it's water was cloudy and green. No-one used it and rather walked all the way back to where the other pool was located.
I was a bit disappointed in the room finishes, as for a 4* hotel one would expect simple things like paint work and cementing, door frames and fitted glass to be of a certain standard. I just felt that furnishes were very "cheap" and not appropriate for the 4* rates we were paying.
Our bathroom (toilet) had a terrible sewerage smell, which disappeared by day 2. The room was dusty and not cleaned thoroughly - seemed like it was cleaned and then stood closed for a long period.
The bedding was crisp and clean and the air-conditioner worked well.
Everyone on the island lit up with us mentioning Sita Resort, and said it was the best on the island. It could be, but there should be a bit more fine-tuning to justify the room charges I would say.
The breakfast was good. The staff were friendly and I was impressed with the child-minding services that were offered.
Location was on the quieter end of Pattaya Beach.
We will be returning to Koh Lipe in March 2014 - as we loved the island, but will be staying elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sita Beach Resort have 61 rooms with a stylish and classical Thai design style resort. All rooms are equipped with excellent facilities. Include tropical garden bathrooms. There are 7 types of villas and all rooms include self-controlled air condition, hot/cold water, LCD TV, cable news, movies channels, safety box, minibar, hair dryer and electric kettle with complimentary coffee and tea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sita Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sita Beach Resort And Spa
- Sita Beach Hotel Koh Lipe