“Great Place”

Attenborough Nature Centre
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Good quality, good value, simple food in an excellent location. Resturant serves soup, sandwiches and the like along with coffee, etc. perfect for poping in after a winters walk aroud the nature reserve.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

such an amazing place to go to. lovely walks, great scenery. cafe is good home cooked food and eco friendly centre.............bliss!

Reviewed December 27, 2012

The visitor centre is good and if you're looking for an un-taxing walk, this is it. It's very good for birdwatching but probably worth avoiding the cafe at the other end of the circular walk (away from the Visitor Centre) and wait until you get back.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Fine place to bring anyone in a wheel chair.
We struggle for interesting places to take my Mother in Law out for the day, here was just lovely!! :)

Reviewed December 14, 2012

I hav been with friends twice in 2 years, and each time, had an enjoyable time round the reserve, and looked forward to a refreshing drink and snack.

The first time, it appeared as though the staff were wanting to close up,even though it was "traditional afternoon tea time", eg, around 3.15pm /3.30pm.

There wasn't that much choice of cakes or biscuits, so we concentrated on the hot drinks. I asked for another pot of hot water to go with my pot of tea, as I prefer my drink quite weak. It was as if I'd asked for the crown jewels! "If we did that, there wouldn't be enough pots to go around everybody else!" I was given a mug of hot water, which I was meant to somehow pour into my cup,but of course, failed dismally, and flooded the table. All the time we, were being cleared up around, so we drank up,and beat a hasty retreat.

On our second visit, there was no problem with obtaining another pot of hot water, but there were still not very many cakes or biscuits to select from, and we were stiil made to feel rather 'In the way," as clearing up was taking place.

I wonder if this could be addressed at all?