“An artistry of old and new Antakya dishes”
Review of Antioche

Antioche
Ranked #48 of 178 Restaurants in Alacati
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Off The Main Street At The Main Square
Boulder, Colorado
“An artistry of old and new Antakya dishes”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

My family and foodie friends dined at Antioche twice during our stay in Cesme. The Chef -Owner Mehmetali Sonmez is a true artist with his interpritations of classic Antackyan dishes. We let the chef choose our dishes of meze, salad and mains. We were not disapointed! All was made with fresh local quality ingrediants. The finale was the homemade Kunafe. Better then I have had anyware. Do not miss this restaurant. It most certainly is a destination place. They were also very accomidating to out two little kids. A reservation is reccomended.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank ggfleur

• Turkish first
London
“Nice, pleasant restaurant”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

The food wasn't the best I've had in Turkey but it was still very nice (it was my sister's favourite in Alacati) and the courtyard is a pleasant place to unwind after a long day. The English menu isn't entirely intelligible but that's part of the fun.
Another very friendly owner who interacts with diners!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank cpontal
Saanenmoser, Switzerland
“Genuine Food”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This a very good restaurant, with typical food from Antioche as explained kind owner of the restaurant. When we first arrived the restaurant was closed but I phoned and the owner told me that he would come to meet us. A woman opened the door, and as I don't speak a single word in Turkish, the experience started to look bizarre. I couldn't even order the food. Than the owner arrived and guided us trough the menu, with excellent suggestions. Everything he suggested was delicious, not heavy at all and freshly made. Recommend as excellent-

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank ClovisSaad
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best mezes and excellent kunefe”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We have found this beautiful restaurant via trip advisor. We believe the mezes we ate were the best ever! We particularly recommend the authentic antakyan Humus, Zahter and Sac Orugu! Atmosphere, music, and the very kind owner make it an excellent experience. Don't forget to drink Raki and end your evening with delicious Kunefe desert, and Turkish coffee from Antakya!
Elvin (Turkish)& Jaap (Dutch)

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Jaap R
uk
“Great meze in quiet courtyard”
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Was recommended to come here and was really pleased I did. It is just off the main pedestrian street so you have to seek it out. I was dining alone and so just asked if I could have a plate of mixed meze of their choice. Probably the nicest meze I have had in Turkey, really tasty, the local special salad was especially good. I then tried the recommended dessert which was really different again, in a good way. It was great to go to a restaurant where the food wasn't the same old standard fare you find everywhere....my meze, bread, 1 beer, 1.5l water and dessert was 32 try, great value esp for Alacati.

• Visited May 2013