“At last”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Izmir, Turkey
“At last”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

During summer it was almost impossible to get a table but last week we finally managed to book a table for six. Instead of using a menu card they invite you to the kitchen and you choose from the table where they place that day's selection. I always find it more appropiate choosing from the counter where I can see what I will get rather than guessing from a card.
We tried several dishes and a local red wine and they were good but not good enough to justify the overwhelming interest people show for this restaurant.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank erhnkm

• Greek first
  • Turkish first
Creemore
“Lovely garden restaurant”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Had a bit of trouble with our Turkish! Main meal never arrived. We were the only people there to start, then 4 more arrived, whom were seated right beside us! Then the outside heater turned on also right beside us, kept moving over to avoid the heat

Visited October 2013
madrid
“Surprisingly innovative and delicious”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I liked everything about Asma Yapragi: the food, the presentation, the location, the service, the vine,...

Visited September 2013
1 Thank burcu s
Dublin
“Homely”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Beautiful setting in a lovely garden. Started with reiki and then invited into the kitchen to order from large range of home cooked mezze dishes. We ordered several smaller dishes as well as a main course and found we could not eat all of it. The food was delicious and the wine was good if expensive. Overall a great experience and would recommend. CC

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Catherine C
london
“lovely setting, delicious food but EXPENSIVE!”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I would like to give the restaurant an 'excellent': the food was lovely, homecooked and really some of the best Ive had in Turkey. But I am afraid it loses marks just on one thing and that is the totally lack of info when it comes to prices. I went twice, but I know my companions declined to go with me again as they didnt like the fact the prices werent listed and were on a budget. At one point the first time I questioned the bill (I speak Turkish) and we all felt kind of felt embarrassed for doing so - whereas I should not have done as there was no way of knowing what the charges were per dish or how the bill was calculated! who knows, they could charge double for tourists, less for Turkish, even less for locals. One meat dish my mother, who tends to over-order, asked for on a whim turned out to be 40TL (about 20-25 dollars). It was nice enough but not for that price as it was not an 'on a whim' price. The rest of the mezze were 15TL but some weren't and we dont know why. One might argue the drinks were pricey 9I think 10TL each), but I rather liked them.
Think London or NY prices.
BUT....that said, Id recommend the place as it is SO delightful in the garden and the food was delicious and presented on the kitchen table in a lovely homely fashion. Just make sure you don't go overboard as the bill may spoil the meal. Or else pretend you are a local and/or ask all the prices in advance!

Visited May 2013