All reviews cookies at home memorable holiday turkey top floor the owner every morning turkish tea a small boutique hotel every corner smiling faces other hotels afternoon tea details cesme hospitality courtyard
Selected filters
Reviewed October 10, 2018 via mobile

Kurabiye hotel exceeded our expectations - every detail is attended to and the staff and owner are all exceptionally kind and welcoming and made us feel like we were at home, even bringing tea or coffee or cookies anytime we were in the courtyard, in which everybody staying at the hotel would often just hang out, something I haven't seen at any other hotels. Everything is just so comfortable and the location couldn't be more perfect, exactly on the edge of the town center so close to everything but still quiet at the same time. When we left, the owner poured water with flowers on the road behind us, to "go like water, come like water," wishing us an easy journey. We miss it already!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
kurabiye, Yönetici at Kurabiye Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2018

Hello Megan,

The most precious gift which can be given to us as Kurabiye family is to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our small world. We always try to do our best to satisfy our guests and make them feel that it is their own house. We are so pleased to host you and hope to meet you for another occasion.
With our warm regards,

Kurabiye Family

Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

Every single detail in this hotel has been so carefully thought of, that makes this place as close to perfection as it’s possible!
But I have to start from the people, as people make places better or worse...if you hand picked the staff you wouldn’t be able to create such a team! Everyone knows their job but jumps into a place of another one if needed. Hotel runs like a clockwork without you even noticing. All under the supervision of a great manager and charming person, Alpay. Anything you need to know about Alaçatı, which beach to use on that particular day (being peninsula exposed to the wind of Aegean Sea, different beaches are recommended on a different day), restaurants, taxis, shopping, anything ( just don’t mention football, unless you’re supporting Galatasaray ) Yasemin makes sure you enjoy amazingly tasty food for breakfast and 5 o’clock kurabiye (mouthwatering biscuit like fresh cakes of different flavours) with endless Turkish tea (which is a way of socialising in Turkey, have a chat, enjoying that hot, it has to be HOT!, drink! Emre, with his smile greeting you at all hours and making you feel welcome at home! Altınay and Özlem, members of the team from the background, making sure everything is spotless and enjoyable! That a person can feel so at home with these wonderful people it’s hard to explain, but I felt like I was leaving my dearest saying goodbye to them, beautiful, hardworking, warm and welcoming staff of Kurabiye hotel! And, of course, I can’t not mention the ever so charming and, in true Turkish style, welcoming owners Perihan Hanım and Mehmet Bay! Kurabiye hotel is their baby and it’s visible on every corner how much love they’ve invested in it!
Hotel itself is charming, with spacious and airy rooms, full of sunshine and light, clean and beautifully decorated. There is always a lot of laughter and music, carefully chosen, to make you feel the country you are staying in, with all its joys and sorrows, but always proud and welcoming, Türkiye’m!
Alaçatı was everything I expected and much much more!
Thank you for making this such a memorable holiday for me, and I can’t wait to see you all again! Görüşürüz ❤️

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed September 8, 2018

We attended a wedding in Alacati and Kurabiye was one of the official wedding hotels that came highly recommended. It definitely didn't disappoint. Kurabiye is a small boutique hotel, painted white with purple trim on doors and windows, and draped in bougainvillea. There is a courtyard with chairs and day beds where you can lounge and enjoy some Turkish tea, and even a hot tub. Our room was on the top floor and got some residual night club noise from down the street, but other wedding guest staying at the hotel said their rooms were quiet. Even with that hiccup, the hotel was about as charming and lovely as can be.

With all that being said, it was the people that really put this place over the top. They are accommodating, friendly, and really treat you like family. We were served an ah-ma-zing traditional Turkish breakfast every morning (seriously, I can't imagine getting a better breakfast in a restaurant) by smiling faces with a friendly vibe. They were helpful in giving us recommendations, arranged taxis for us, and even gave us a traditional send-off when we left.

We loved the Alacati region and are 100% going back someday. When we do, we will 100% be staying at Kurabiye. Tesekkurler!

Room tip: Rooms on the top floor have low ceilings and seem to be noisier than others.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
kurabiye, Yönetici at Kurabiye Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018

Our dear guest,

We thank you so much for your feedback. Comments from our guests encourage us to give better service and improve for you as we know so well that holiday time is the most precious time for everybody and we should try to make your stay as close to perfect as we can for every single guest. We are so sorry for the night club’s noise coming from outside. We have been struggling to stop it. We hope the authorities will do something to stop it at a certain time next season. However until then, we supply guests with earplugs on request :)

We will be pleased to see you again at our small village and at Kurabiye; we built it with the dream of being your home away from home! :)

Reviewed July 16, 2018

I've been to Alacati several times and stayed at different places each time. I stayed at Kurabiye for the first time during my visit this summer and I can say confidently I'll never stay anywhere else in Alacati.

Finding a good hotel in Alacati can be daunting - there seem to be so many great options, all with cute photos. So it comes down to 1) the little details and 2) the people. Kurabiye is just unrivaled on both counts. From their beautiful garden to their tastefully designed rooms, you can tell how much thought went into this place. Their breakfast is stellar (and this is coming from a Turk fanatical about his breakfast). Even the cookies they serve every day at 5pm were one of the highlights of our day.

But more importantly, Alpay Bey and the entire staff are probably the most courteous, helpful hosts I have ever encountered. They make every single guest feel welcome and taken care of and deserve all the credit for making this the best hotel in all of all Alacati.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alper B
Reviewed June 19, 2018

There are many reasons why me and my friends love coming to Alacati (from Europe) every summer, but Kurabiye Hotel is our top reason. Alpay Bey's friendship and hospitality has always been incredible, and thanks to the unique qualities of the hotel, like the incredible Turkish breakfast, afternoon tea and kurabiye, and cute, local interiors, we will always come back for a holiday to be surrounded by genuine people at Kurabiye. The location is amazing, at the heart of the beautiful Hacimemis town!

Date of stay: June 2018