“Just great!”
Review of Barbun Restaurant

Barbun Restaurant
Ranked #61 of 209 Restaurants in Alacati
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: In the square of Alaçatı, a fine dining restaurant serving all year long with seasonal selections of fish, meat, pasta and risotto and a wide range of wine cellar including regional, national and international wines. Second floor is for those who wants to have a private dining experience.
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Perfect food, perfect service, perfect location. It's a Turkish Noma. I am waiting with impatience for your Autumn menu.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

After reading contradictionary the tripadvior reviews, we we're curious to go there to make our own opinion. Expecting gourmet food, we were accepting the very high prices at first. My son choose the truffle risotto, my wife the Levrek fish and I had the big trial 22 course trial menue.

What a disappointment. Risotto and fish were average and not really good. My menue took 2 hours to finish as they need some time between ech little meal. Overall, quite disappointing. I travel quite frequently and often enjoy great restAurants nd de limousine food. But Barbun will not be a place we will return.

Yes, the food is exotic and the menue offers food you do not get on each corner. But there is a difference between beeing exotic and beeing delicious. Barbun food was not tasty, to say it politely. We walked away with a 500 Lira bill and not beeing happy.

If you want good food and nice ambiance in Cesme-Alacati, you may go to our favorite "mi Casa". We greatly enjoyed our food there. It is Alacati's new hotspot.

1  Thank ExpertHT
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We do like fine dining and we try to experience regional cuisines as much as we can during our stays. This time the food was totally boring. The restaurant was recommended by the owner of the hotel we were staying in and we definitely took the advice to see what was out there. Well; there wasnt much to see since the plate was empty. Really really empty. I do understand that we should not be getting XXL Combo menus but I do not understand so called ''micro flowers'' which were actually 3 normal regular flower buds on the salmon. Or regular cucumbers presented to me as freshly cut diced blah blah. I do know they have to tell a story to put a price tag that is absurd but I was expecting to leave the table full. Well I wasn't. We paid a ridiculous price for even bread(in a so called fine dining restaurant) When you actually put ingredients on the menu people expect to see it on their plates hearing about it did not make my stomach full.

1  Thank kayapar
Reviewed August 15, 2012

For something different try Barbun. The gastronomic menu was a real eye opener in presentation and delicious on the palate. We were sure the chef must have been trained around the kitchens of Western Europe but apparently not, he is an ex-surfer from 'down the road'. His use of local flowers and local produce is really creative.
We really enjoyed the variety of non-alcoholic cocktails to accompany different types of dishes.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

This was biggest frustration for all my family ...I heard Barbun's kitchen perfect alltough they are very expensive.Foods are coming in very small portions and no taste .My son ate "truffle risotto " , presentation was good , but not tasty .I eat seabass and this was the worst seabass that I ate this summer .And they are the most expensive restaurant in Alacati with these terrible foods .So , don't go there ...