“A Huge Menu”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 23, 2013

This was a social gathering of 15 people for an evening meal and first impressions of this pub restaurant were very good. There is plenty of parking space and although the restaurant area is not large it was large enough for several tables to be put together to accommodate our group. The menu had a huge variety of dishes on it for this type of venue. I can honestly say that I have never seen such a choice in a pub before. There were at least 4 different fish dishes, salmon, trout, sea bass and halibut, plus mussels and scampi. Meat dishes included, steak, chicken, loin of pork, rack of lamb, veal and duck. Then there were pasta dishes, salads and vegetarian dishes -what a choice! I had the duck in a cranberry and orange sauce. All the dishes had vegetables served separately in serving dishes placed on the table and the staff were happy to bring out as many vegetables as we needed. The number of starters and sweets was also impressive and hardly any of the 15 people in our group had the same meals. The quality of the food was very good indeed and the prices were no higher than average. My duck was £14.95 and the chocolate fudge cake and ice cream I had as a dessert was £3.95, so with a drink a meal around £20. The staff were efficient and friendly and also very helpful even to the point that when asked whether we could pay individually for our meals this didn't faze them and we simply paid at the bar for the food and drinks we had consumed. How trusting is that? ! I would definitely recommend this as somewhere to go if you want a wide choice of good quality food for a reasonable price in a quiet pub restaurant where you are served by cheerful and helpful staff. I know I shall go there again.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Visited for a meal with friends, nicely decorated for Christmas and very welcoming. Staff were pleasant and helpful. A small but good selection of beers available.
Service was quick and efficient and food was pretty good for a pub. Good selection of deserts from the cold cabinet to follow. Prices were about average. Will definitely go again.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Ate here just once while passing through the area. It was very traditional pub fayre (with plenty of reference to food of the 70's and 80's!) but everything was freshly cooked and promptly served. The host was friendly and we have a very pleasant evening. Recommended if you want traditional pub grub!

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Friendly staff, but definitely not impressive on food or quality of environment. We were told it did food, so went intending to dine, but downed our drinks pretty quickly and got out...

Reviewed September 7, 2012

This pub was advertised in the local paper and sounded good but what a disappointment. We should have left as soon as we walked in as there were flies galore in the bar area. But we thought the restaurant would be ok. Unfortunately there were flies just everywhere, sitting on the rims of glasses and cutlery. We asked the waiter to take the glasses away as they were putting me of my food. Also we could not work out what that unpleasant smell was.
The food was cooked ok, but with the smell, flies etc we could not enjoy it.
We wont be back.