“Crime of the Century”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Worthing, United Kingdom
“Crime of the Century”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

The fact that I was able to get a table for 5 (initially 7 before a couple couldn't make it) at short notice for Father's day in a restaurant this good is definitely a crime.
What a gem of a place, bright cheerful decor, efficient and helpful staff and wonderful food cooked to a very high standard. All of us, with the exception of my young daughter have eaten in some of the world's finest eateries, we were all absolutely delighted with out meals, from the starters to the desserts and the coffees there was nothing to fault, my only regret is that if I say how good it was I may not be able to get a table so easily next time as they'll be too busy to take my booking.

“Not cheap but fabulous”
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

Imaginative menu cooked with lots of local ingredients and presented perfectly. Just the right balance of making you feel special without being pretentious. The Sticky Toffee Pudding is to die for!!!

• Visited May 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
“You need to go here”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

First visit last night Saturday it was my friends birthday treat, and treat it was.
The food was exquisite, the staff so friendly and nice not at all pretentious a very
comfortable atmosphere. They have obviously got a very talented chef I will definitely
be back

Grimsby, United Kingdom
“A Great Sunday lunch”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Had lunch here on Sunday, we booked for 12:45 as we needed quiet time to catch up with friends heading back home to Brisbane. We arrived and were seated promptly.

The wine list was interesting and we settled on a bottle of English blanc de blanc, very good it was too.

There were two vegetarians amongst us and the settled on the mushroom stroganoff for starters and the artichoke risotto. Both dishes looked good but on the small side from my perspective especially as I was the host.

For the rest of us we tried the scallops with bacon and 'Manchester', caviar, the olives all were good, the 'caviar' was mushy peas by the way!

We followed that with crispy belly of pork and black pudding, guinea fowl and lovely roast potatoes cooked in duck fat along with a selection of veggies. Sweets we could not pass by, the coconut ice- cream was virtuous compared to the English and continental cheese boards three of us had.

By now the place was very busy but you did not feel you were sitting on top of one another. The service was very good and the shortbread biscuits were to die for. All in all a great place for lunch where you can chat, take your time, eat good food and savour some nice wines, while receiving good service.

Please keep an eye on the vegetarian portion sizes as that was the only slight downside. See you next time, soon I hope.

1 Thank Nemesis13
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Delicious food exquisitely presented”
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

This has to have been the best meal I've had in England. We arrived at 7pm to an empty restaurant. The owner, Monika greeted us and showed us to a table. The service was excellent. Drinks ordered and complimentary bottled water and homemade bread with olive oil and balsamic vinegar were served while we perused the menu. One of our guests had special dietary requirements and Monika took the trouble to ask who needed the special diet and went through the menu with her explaining which meals are suitable and which could be adapted to suit. We all ordered different choices from the menu and everything was delicious. The restaurant was full by the time our starters were served so we needn't have worried. I'd highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who appreciates good food and wine, I was told that the house red was very good and reasonably priced, the restaurant offers a reward scheme not that we need an incentive to return there. We're going back soon to try the lunch.