“Amazing, amazing, amazing......”

Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Hassocks
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 3, 2011

We ate there on 28th May. We had the most wonderful meal. David cooked to perfection yet again. Monica made the evening extremely relaxed but with superb attention to detail. Home made bread, after eight ice cream with coffee, then homemade fudge, wine superb, starter, main and dessert just so declicious. You really need to try it to experience it.

3  Thank barley007

Reviewed May 7, 2011

My partner and I enjoyed a fabulous meal last night at The Fig Tree - We live locally and really enjoyed the splendid meal we had. The scallops are worth having - they were really beautifully cooked and the rack of lamb was very tender. I can be quite fussy but can say that i loved the meal (even having a dessert which i don't normally bother with) and thought the restaurant itself was very welcoming - also the staff where very attentive. would go back in a moment. I hope they continue to do well.

2  Thank EmmaJThorne
Reviewed March 26, 2011

We tried this restaurant not knowing much about it (having driven past it a few times before), and found the whole experience a real treat. The food was superb. The menu is relatively small but very well composed, and it was hard choosing what to have. We went for scallops (perfectly cooked), terrine, duck breast and slow-cooked lamb - all absolutely wonderful and beautifully presented. The wine list is very good (2005 Rioja went down very well) and the service was perfectly attentive but discreet. The atmosphere of the restaurant is very nice, clean, homely but modern. The overall feel of the place was very relaxing, and you could feel the dedication and care that has been put into this business. We will definitely be going back - to be honest, not going back for lunch the next day was hard - and would recommend it to anyone who wants a nice relaxing meal with good food and wine. Oh, and I almost forgot the home-made doughnuts with a beautiful vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce. Yes, we will be going back!

3  Thank Hugh78
Reviewed March 16, 2011

This is one of my all time favourite restaurants. The food is always exquisite and imaginative, the service welcoming and friendly, and the wine always top-notch.

It's a shame one reviewer had a bad experience as this is certainly not the case. I would highly recommend this restaurant and am looking forward to my next visit.

Their lunch and mid-week menus are great value for the quality of food served.

Reviewed November 15, 2010

My wife and I went to the Fig tree with my father and his partner a little over a week ago and to say that we were pleased would be a serious understatement.

It was our first visit there and I almost cancelled the booking after seeing a recent review giving it the lowest possible rating.

Thankfully I was not able to get a table on short notice at my preferred "regular" restaurant and so we decided to head along there anyway and give it a chance.

It's not cheap, I will say that. However we still found it to be of good value due to the fantastic quality of the food and wine.

It was rather quiet in the restaurant for a Friday night; just us 4 and another table but we had all the atmosphere that we needed for the four of us. It's not a big restaurant and the decor is pleasant and welcoming.

We tried a both a bottle of red and white wine from their list (Merlot and Pinot Grigiot) and they were brilliant. Not cheap but beautiful never the less.

I urge you give it a go and let me know how you found it!

1  Thank peastoof