“A Bridge Too Far ? ~ Not Anymore !”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Bridge Inn

The Bridge Inn
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: We are a family run free house at the heart of the community, we are a traditional country pub that serves tasty and affordable meals ecsecially our sunday carvery. Come down and visit and you will be sure of a friendly welcome. Kind regardsMarco ThomasManager
North Wales
“A Bridge Too Far ? ~ Not Anymore !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

I have driven past this building hundreds of times over the years and it always looks busy. Why was it so busy ?
Lunch time Friday I stopped asking the question and strolled in with my partner to sample two mains @ £12.
Braised Steak for Her and Sausage and Mash for Him.
Open roaring fire in the bar and extremely efficient but personable bar man who offered a taster of beer to help me make up my mind.

Good sign I thought and if the food is any good !

Well the food was excellent and of a very high quality and when we finished we concluded that this Inn would remain on our regular lunch time venues including their next Sunday Carvery !

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank TENZNorthWales

Scotland
“A warm welcome from friendly staff gives great atmosphere & good food too!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

I attended a family celebration at the bridge on Sunday 27th Oct.
My first visit and I loved this very old pub with character!
I found all the staff very helpful.

The cold buffet also had a choice of 2 hot meals served by Mine Host himself!
I had the Lasagne which was very tasty and others at my table had the stew which was also appreciated.
A good atmosphere too so a great venue for Christmas Meals which are on Special offer with 3 courses for £14.95!
Highly recommended

• Visited October 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Repeat visit So Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Since my first review I just keep going back to make sure!! Each time been back the feeling is the same. Great place, great staff, great food and fantastic price!!!. Oh the beer is good also a nice variety. I wont review again as I, not the place, might get boring!!

• Visited October 2013
Chester, United Kingdom
“Delicious food and good value in a friendly atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

We've been to the Bridge on many occasions - mainly for their Sunday carvery, which is always really delicious and probably one of the best-value carveries in the area. The pub has an old-fashioned feel to it with plenty of character, and the welcome is always warm. Good food, and good beers. There's also a really nice beer garden out the back where you can relax next to the River Alyn when the weather's warm enough.

• Visited August 2013
Chester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sunday Funny Sunday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

I can only start by saying is, what a superb Village Eaterie/Pub. The driest sense of humour by main host (Larry) is alone worth the Journey to the quaintness of establishments at the foot of the Welsh Hills. Perfectly located as the later Journey will take you to LLangollen and afield.
The atmosphere for a sunday was electric with an abundance of local life enjoyed a lunchtime drink, not rowdy but people just enjoying themselves something seldom seen these days especillay on a sunday afternoon.
The food IS all home made and it is perfectly identifiable as so. Large Racks of fresh Welsh Lamb resting prior to serving certainly aading to the Sunday Dinner feeling. I have so much admiration for establishments of this nature, who need to so little to impress.
Keep on for many years Larry, yopu do a fantastic job, we will be back twice a month thats for sure

• Visited September 2013