“Disappointing !”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Auberge Willow - CLOSED

Auberge Willow
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Sophisticated Montrealers choose the Willow pub for its traditional pub food and relaxed, elegant setting. Wherever you choose to sit, you will feel right at home with our two warm and cozy fireplaces, or our picturesque view on the Lake of Two Mountains and Oka. Also, For an unparalleled dining experience overlooking the Lake of Two Mountains, or in front of a cozy fireplace, visit our Bistro 208 restaurant. If you wish to extend your visit, the 9 newly renovated bedrooms will no doubt make your overnight stay something to remember . Perfect setting for family or friends gatherings as well as corporate events. Truly an Inn for all 4 seasons!
Montreal, Canada
“Disappointing !”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

I had always had a fine experience here until this visit. When we arrived at the outdoor terrace we were ignored as young servers walk back and forth in front of us. We finally had to ask if we should seat ourselves but were told to wait. The servers on this day were all 17-25 yrs old approximately. The menu was limiting and when we ordered our Willow Burgers we were served burgers that were dull and there was NO QUESTION they were pre packaged frozen burgers. Tasteless. For $12 this is unacceptable.This was the first time I was taking my husband and I was terribly embarassed. After eating we wanted to take out drinks down onto the grass area that overlooked the water. We were told," no problem as long as you pay your bill first" but then WE had to approach the cash register at the outdoor bar and request our bill becuase the server did not offer to get it for us. There was NO service on the grass area at all even though there were 20+ clients seated down there, all with empty glasses. This place has gone way down hill, with frozen food being served and no professional waiters, terrible service, just a really big disappointment. I will not be returning again.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank K B

West Melbourne, Florida
“Good dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Our dinners were excellent. Served hot and timely. Beautiful views through the windows in the main dining room.

Visited October 2012
Vancouver
“Desperately needs a better chef and upgrade”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

First, I LOVE the Willow... Been going there for decades. We were all very hopeful that with the new owners there would be more regional, authentic menu. Instead, the food has gotten worse - fatty beef, uninspired ingredients, uneven temperatures. I haven't heard one rave about the Willow based on a casual and random check of about a dozen recent customers. In fact, most said it was very disappointing - which was my experience the past two visits.

But.... there is hope... Quebec has some of the most exciting farm-to-table food movement happening in North America... Hudson is located in arguably one of the best places for local raw materials and fresh ingredients. The Willow has arguably one of the best locations in Quebec for lakeside dining.

Finally, the new owners can turn this ship around... And believe me, there are a lot of patrons and former patrons who want the Willow to succeed; to create a memorable dining experience rather than a mediocre or (more recently) disappointing one. A bit of inspiration and greater care in the kitchen can make all the difference. I'd start with a focus on local ingredients, beers, dishes... And bring in a more skilled head chef. It's not too late, Willow Inn!

• Visited June 2012
halstead
“Not too sure what's happened to the pub?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

It was a beautiful day to go to finnigans antique market, so afterwards I decided to show my friend (who was visiting from the U.K) the willows inn. The last time I went must have been over 7 years ago but I seemed to remember it being amazing. So off we went and there were only a few couples there so we sat at the window and watched the Hudson ferry go back and forth. I was hoping to have the fires blazing but it was only October lol. Well I ordered the Oka salad to share as I love the cheese, then we ordered the pasta with tomatoes and bacon and also the chili that came with a slice of garlic bread. Am I senile? As I remember the garlic bread being this huge piece smothered in garlic butter and seared but this measly piece of garlic bread came to our table with a pot of chili that had not much taste (it's suppose to be flavor able and a feel good food) but it wasn't. The pasta was good but halfway through I stopped eating since it got cold and the buttery taste of the noodles started to feel like lard on my tongue (you know that feeling like grease). The salad was great as the Oka cheese makes it yummy. I asked for the dessert menu but for $4.00 I said no thank you and had a tea instead. Well view was great and food could be a tad better.

1 Thank ukgirl_number1
Hudson
“By the Lake”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

Both bar and dining room serve more or less the same menu.Service is good as is the food.They also have the advantage of sitting on the patio lakeside in summer months.

Visited September 2012