“We have no other choice...”

Comfort Inn Tulip Heights
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Bathinda
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Comfort Inn Bathinda is town's best hotel. But it is no way comparable to other Comfort Inn Hotels specially those I have seen in North America. The Hotel is located in a Mall and is very near to the Rose garden and other main shopping Avenues. The rooms are nicely done and the food is also very good. But the hotel staff lacks training and the common amenities need improvement. The sleep quality was good.
The room rates are also high as compared to the quality you get, but as there is no competition, yuo have to take it or leave it.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank PeeNPee

Reviewed June 19, 2012

Hearing about a Choice Property at Bhatinda, I jumped, cause my last experience there was not the best.

Hotel is built in a mall, and the entrance is small. 8 floors are catered to by 2 elevators / lifts, which are slow.

Rooms were very small, bathrooms smaller. Sleep quality was there, but this place already shows that it is running down. Stayed there for one night. No hot water, food was okay… when I complaint about water being cool, they turned it to lukewarm. Staff were not very keen to help. One guy stood out was (and I took his name to write about it) Raman Deep Singh – this young trainee was the only one who seemed to be moving around with a lot of energy and seemed keen to assist. Others were not wanting to move themselves – during breakfast.

The gym – if I say – OH MY GOD… they shouldn’t have a gym, if that is what they have. Hasn’t Choice seen what their franchisee carries.

Anyway, point is, that as of now, there is only 2 hotels in the star category that are worth staying, and this one is the lesser evil. Will I stay there again – yes, there is not other choice.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Roadstravelled
Reviewed February 28, 2012

I have a lot of complaints about the facilities of the hotel during my stay:

1. IMPOSSIBLE TO USE THE SECURITY BOX, BECAUSE IT WORKED WITH THE SAME CODE IN ALL ROOMS (!?)

2. I could not connect to the INTERNET from the room according to the code that they told me throughout the period I was in the hotel !!

3. ENGLISH CHANNEL MOVIES did not work (from 170 to 185), ONLY had INDIAN channels !!

4. The EXPRESS LAUNDRY, delayed MORE THAN A DAY AT BE DELIVERED, instead than a few hours, and ALSO if I DEMANDED IT, because they NOT sent it back to the room...!!

5. All MEALS ARE VERY SPICY, foreigners who are not accustomed to your tastes, stomachs, and only cooked INDIAN DISHES...!!

6. Regularly, the air conditioning worked not correctly, and I had to call several times to repair it.

7. At breakfast there was ONLY an OLD toaster for 2 slices each time, WITHOUT ANY KIND of cheese, salami or anything ELSE, other than butter, jam and once again, INDIAN DISHES !!

8. In the bathroom you smell and there is plenty of moisture in the walls.

9. The bath towels are FEW, OLD and WORN.

Who categorize this hotel of 4 Stars (?)

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BENNYW2000
Reviewed December 18, 2011

One of the only kind at Bathinda, it is certainly an above average hotel with cozy rooms and good amenities. The place is safe to stay , it is also neat and tidy. All requirements are taken care of well by the team who could be a little more prompt. The rates here are not very attractive and it takes a lot of persuasion to the team to offer discounts on room tariff which otherwise are high.
Food is average and so is the service, but there are no quality hotels in Bathinda making this a popular choice among business travelers. The hotel is also attached to a mall with Fun Cinemas multiplex and some shopping & eating choices.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank BGirish
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Rooms are good but toilets are so small like an almira. worse thing i observed is their house keeping service. it was like begging as even i have to call them for small necesaties like Glass, Ash tray, Minibar (it was empty when i checked in), Sleepers. and mini bar area was full of excreta of rats and the boy was ready to full the snacks packets again there.

Room Tip: i cant say as i am more concerened about the services rather than face value
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank vijay y
Reviewed September 24, 2011

I have been to Bathinda many time and have stayed in other hotels too.. Comfort Inn is cozy and comfortable.

Plus - Accessibility is the biggest plus as Comfort inn is located very close to the railway station.
Location is good as you have Sagar Ratna restaurant just across the road also you have a good beverage shop located close to the hotel
Price is also at a reasonable level-- do ask for discounts

Minus - Food is not great.. the breakfast is good.. rest is not that great..
Check-out takes some time especially during late evenings so ensure you check out atleast 1 hr before you leave (hotel allows you to stay even after checkout)

You can always order pizza from the Dominos Pizza outlet located in the same building.

Overall Comfort inn is a good place to stay... esp for business visits and short stays

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank krishvm
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Not too many people like a long, rambling review-- so I'll try and get to the point.

THE GOOD:
- The room. At least my room is very large and pristine. The modern "wood" floors, marble bathroom, large rooms and even an area to sit and lounge. The rooms are almost 4 stars in my opinion (there are some minor things-- like they marred the ceiling pretty good when installing my bathroom fan, etc-- but in countries like this, it is about a given)

-The bed. It's firm but does have some give. For me it's about perfect-- it's not felt covered plywood, nor is it mushy. It's comfortable, it supports well

-Sleep. Yeah, a good bed goes a long ways, but most noise dies down by 9 or 10-- although the hum of my A/C drowns most of it out to start with. Regardless, I've had no troubles sleeping

-The staff. I haven't had to "test" them much as I don't use room service and beyond checking in and eating I haven't dealt with them much. That being said, they are courteous and I have zero complaints. They do an excellent job.

-Dinner. Even though I'm not a huge fan of Indian food (yeah, I know I'm in india), I usualy find a few dshes to eat every night

THE MEDIOCRE:
- The internet. When it works it is pretty decent-- it's wireless and free. It is not noticeably slow (Skype voice calls work pretty well), not overly censored. But if you get back to your room when everyone else is trying to get on, half of the time you can't even connect. VERY frustrating.

-The lobby and halls. There's nothing bad about them, they are just underwhelming

-The location. Bhatinda is pretty bland. I don't feel unsafe or anything, there just isn't much to do. "But it's attached to a mall!" you say... well, yes, but half of the stores are closed. Although there is a Domino's Pizza there if you're so tempted. Otherwise the mall is lackluster.

- Evening dessert. All of the desserts are Indian... and I have not yet discovered an Indian dessert I like. I'm not huge on desserts (or this would be in "BAD" below), but at least give me a simple vanilla cake or some chocolate brownies or something I can pronounce.

-The bathroom. Or, more specifically, the toilet. The bathroom is cleanand great-- but (at least in my room layout), if you can't fit in a single airplane seat, you aren't going to be able to sit down on the toilet. The toilet is wedged between a wall and the glass shower. I'm slim, but even I'd appreciate a bit more room

-The hot water. At least on the 7th floor, if you shower late (after 7 or 8pm), the water is very warm but not hot. Shower a bit earlier (6-ish) and the water is hot-- although I'm sure some people may like it hotter. I've never had a cold shower (yet), but just something to look out for. Otherwise the shower is spacious and clean, I love it.

THE BAD:

-BREAKFAST, BREAKFAST, BREAKFAST! Yes, I know I'm in India. Sure, I bet people from the area enjoy your foods... but you're part of an international hotel company--- give me some variety for breakfast. Every morning I find almost nothing that is appealing-- please put out some muffins, a variety of jams, some good eggs. Here's what I have every morning: part of one omelet (WAY too salty, who seasons these?!), some plain yogurt (okay, not bad), some watermellon (meh, okay) and a banana if you decide to put them out--- none of which hardly fills me. The bread is the cheap, plain bread (bleh), there is some butter and one type of jam (unidentifiable, not labeled, tastes weird to me) and some Indian dishes that look very unappealing to me. Heck, there aren't even any juices (orange, apple, etc)... shouldn't Comfort Inn at least have a "suggested foods" list?

-Breakfast. I already mentioned this? Oh, well, seriously, get a better breakfast.

SUMMARY:

A new, up-to-date hotel with close to 4 star rooms that are huge, clean, great service-- unfortunately not the most exciting city. Food is varied-- but all Indian in origin. Dinner is pretty good but I dread breakfast. They have a small pool, a gym (that I haven't seen yet, no review) and a lounge (also haven't used). I also haven't used Room Service-- so I don't know about that food or service.

I'd stay here again but I dearly hope they improve their breakfast before I am back :)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Schruminator