“Best HI Express”

Holiday Inn Express Preston South
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Bamber Bridge
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I have stayed in at least 10 Holiday Inn express hotels and always find them adequate, but this one is the best I have stayed in. Front desk was very attentive and helpful. The bathroom is modern and of a much higher quality than average HI express and even the majority of 4 star hotels. I would highly recommend it if you are in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Travelling back up to Scotland from a holiday down south we decided to break the journey as everyone was tired. Looked on the internet for dog friendly hotels and after reading other reviews opted to stay at the Holiday Inn Express at Preston. Glad we did. Reception staff were very welcoming and quickly got us a room on the first floor. The room was spotless, as was the hotel itself. Well done as we had never stayed in this type of establishment before so did not know what to expect. The room had a choice of pillow types to aid a good nights sleep and with the window insulation no road noise was heard. Free parking and free wifi as was a free breakfast included in the price. A total of £65 was paid that included a £10 charge for the dog. Evening meal was restrictive but Lindsay on reception was more than helpful in supplying a varied choice of takeaway establishments that delivered to the hotel. There weren't any Chinese menus but she immediately printed some off to give us that extra choice. We decided on an Indian takeaway which she then allowed us to use the reception phone to place the order. Customer service exceptional. On the meal arriving she collected us plates and cutlery to use. Breakfast is limited although it was adequate. Buffet style but mainly kitted out for continental options. A great choice for this. Overall a positive experience and would recommend to others without hesitation.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2014

I was nicely surprised with how spacious, clean and new the rooms and showers are! Big flat screen TV is a good bonus. Bed is one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept on with nice choices of pillow - soft or firm. The breakfast was not excellent but sufficient. The large and open lobby is bright and spacious. This hotel is located just off the motorway so it is very convenient for travellers. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night to break a journey. This hotel is seconds from the M6 but I couldn't hear traffic at all. They have everything that you need from free essentials if you've forgotten your toothbrush, through bar and restaurant. Breakfast was included and there was a larger choice than I would have expected. There were fresh croissants, muffins and a nice fresh range of cooked items. They actually put a lot of more expensive hotels to shame. There's an outdoor area too.

The room was spotless, large and had free WiFi. The ensuite shower was excellent.

Staff made us feel very welcome and this will be our stop over of choice from now on.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I stopped here for the first time this week through my work and I have to say I couldn't of been happier, I stayed for 3 nights and I will be staying again next week. I was greeted by smiling happy faces as I got to the check in desk and the check in process was a breeze. the room was spacious and modern looking and the bed was very comfy, the only problem was I wasn't able to spend long enough in it due to having to get up for work. The Bathroom was very sleek and the shower was big enough for 4. Breakfast is buffet style and plentiful. Cereals, fruit, yoghurt's, brown and white bread for toasting, croissants, sausage, egg, beans and as much coffee, tea and fruit juice you can drink. A real feast !!!! The staff made the whole stay a pleasure and I will be looking forward to going back next week :-)

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank scott b
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I regularly stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Preston as it is convenient for work. The rooms are very modern, clean and comfortable and parking is free. The hotel is near to a busy main road but the sound proofing is pretty good and there's not too much traffic noise. Thankfully the hotel has stopped the crazy idea it had for a couple of weeks of making you log in for the free wi-fi. The breakfast is free but it is perfectly adequate as long as you don't want cooked as that looks pretty dried up. My only real complaint would be that in nearly every room I've had the hot water in the wash basins is only luke warm. The showers are hot so it must be to do with the hotel trying to save money.

Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We stayed 1 night route from Edinburgh, it had been a long drive, so called and spoke to a nice lady on reception who booked us into a double room. Very easy to find, check in was smooth, and the room was large with a lovely bathroom, considering this hotel is situated right by the M6, there was very little noise and we had the window open. Buffet breakfast was plentiful and was being topped up all the time. One very small gripe regarding the bathroom was the shower door, we felt there should have been a lip on the shower door, because when you opened it to the water ran off the door onto the bathroom floor making it slippery if you had forgotten to put the floor mat down. We would certainly stay again if in this area, and would recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Ibis Preston North
#9 of 15 in Preston
Macdonald Tickled Trout Hotel
Shaw Hill Hotel, Golf & Country Club

Been to Holiday Inn Express Preston South? Share your experiences!