All reviews balcony room watching the boats riverside terrace new owners linguine sunday lunch norfolk broads river view lovely lunch lovely setting hotel restaurant eggs benedict lamb an evening meal afternoon tea couple of nights cooked to perfection
Selected filters
Reviewed August 24, 2018

Potatoes hard and vegetables all mixed together in a dish and if you are allergic to cheese, mixing cauliflower cheese with all veg is not good. Wish I had have gone for something else on the menu and we advised our friends it would be a nice lunch.

Room tip: never stayed so couldn't comment
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
HotelWroxham, Front Office Manager at Hotel Wroxham, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2018

Thank you so much for your review. It does state on our menu that if you have any food allergies or dietary requirements then to notify your server. Our team of chefs are fantastic and can cater for any requirements. We cater for vegetarians, dairy free, gluten free, vegan and they are more than happy to remove any ingredient from a dish if required. All of our food is freshly prepared in house so we are more than happy to cater for any needs.

Thanks for the review! Best wishes and kindest regards

Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch and were seated inside. It’s very clean, has a modern decor and the staff are very friendly. The food was really good, the kids had pizza and said it was delicious. My wife had the Cromercrab sandwich and was over the moon with it. I had the burger and it was a giant! Very good quality burger and the cheese & bacon was also very good.
Would definitely recommend as good food and good value. Look forward to coming back soon.

Trip type: Traveled with family
HotelWroxham, Front Office Manager at Hotel Wroxham, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2018

WOW! Thanks for such a fantastic review! I am so pleased to hear that you all enjoyed the food at the hotel. We are very lucky to have such fresh local produce right on our door step! I will certainly pass on your wonderful feedback to team in the kitchen, they will be thrilled to hear such wonderful words.

Thanks so much for visiting us, we very much look forward to your return!
Kindest regards,
Kia

Reviewed August 22, 2018

I stayed here for 4 nights during the hot July weather.
The first thing to say is what a beautiful location riverside next to Wroxham bridge. The riverside terrace, bar and restaurant all lookout westwards across the river as do the rooms on this side of the hotel.
The hotel is housed in what is a 1960's shopping precinct and the building structure does have its limitations. This is the main reason I cannot give this review 5 stars! My room, number 4, was not riverside and looked out over the car park and the Royal Mail vans! But the biggest issue was the continuous noise from the kitchen extract system which seemed to be immediately next to my room. It operated continuously from around 06:30 to 23:00 and could be heard above the sound of the TV! It was made even worse because I had to have my room window open in the hot weather as there is no air-conditioning.
So if that is such an issue why have I rated it 4 stars? Well apart from the location the food! On the first night I thought I would eat in the hotel restaurant for convenience but after that I was hooked!! I really didn't expect to find this quality and style of food in tourist hotel. Each night I had something different and ate far too much.

There were other minor irritants but since eating the food I've forgotten them!

Would I stay here again? Yes of only for the food!! But NOT in room 4!

Room tip: Do not stay in room 4. Continuous noise from the kitchen extract fan.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Thank you so much for such a great review! I am so delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the stunning views that our hotel has to offer. We are extremely lucky to be situated in such a beautiful spot. We are very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with some aspects of your room, we have 18 rooms so please give us a call next time and we will be sure to book you into a different one.

It's amazing to hear such great feedback about the food and I will most certainly pass on your words to the team in the kitchen and let them know how much you enjoyed eating with us each night.

Thanks again for taking the time out to leave us a review on this forum. We value all feedback and hope to welcome you back again in the not so distant future.

Kind regards

Reviewed August 21, 2018 via mobile

We were caught short and needed somewhere to stay for the night this hotel had vacancy for 2 rooms. Absolute luxury drinks in hotel room were plenty lovely clean rooms well equipped Also ate in the restaurant the meatballs and spaghetti was tiny portion and expensive.

Trip type: Traveled with family
HotelWroxham, Front Office Manager at Hotel Wroxham, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2018

Thank you for taking the time out to leave us such a lovely review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time spent at Hotel Wroxham and I'm glad we managed to get you booked in last minute. It's great to hear you were happy with your room and I will pass on your lovely words to the housekeeping team.I am very sorry that the food did not meet your expectations, we usually receive such fantastic feedback about our food and the portion sizes so I hope this will not stop you from returning.

Best wishes and kind regards

Reviewed August 21, 2018

I really like the way this hotel is going, updating and refreshing as they go. The food was amazing, stayed three nights ate in two and I am picky (breakfast is good as well). The location is central but quiet. The staff are attentive and pleasant. The minor fault (which is beyond the owners control) is the size of the rooms - a little small.

Highly recommended.

Room tip: Go for a river view room
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you so much James, it's lovely to hear such wonderful feedback about your stay. I'm so glad you enjoyed your meals at the hotel, I will pass on the message to our chefs! We do have different size rooms at the hotel. next time please call us and we will try our best to get you in a bigger room.

Kind regards