“This pub never fails in my opinion”
Review of Yew Tree Inn

Yew Tree Inn
Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in Polegate
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 17, 2014

16 hungry walkers attended this pub and, as usual, received excellent service. Orders were taken and we were served very quickly. All attendees gave this pub a glowing report. Staff were friendly, attentive and helpful. We will definitely visit again. May I give you a HUGE thank you.

There are newer reviews for Yew Tree Inn

Reviewed May 13, 2014

if you want good food at a good price the yew tree Is the place to be.
orders are taken at the bar the staff have a good understanding of the food that is on their extensive Menu board
i had the recommended roast duck and was not disappointed.for dessert i had lemon meringue portion size Was ample but not excessive I finished the meal feeling satisfied full but not bloated
and All for a very reasonable price.

Reviewed May 7, 2014

We have been to this place many times and every time we were not disappointed with the meal, the service was great and the staff very helpful, One word of warning, don;t go there if you are a little eater as they serve good portions and you may struggle to finish, luckily i didn't have that problem and thoroughly enjoyed every mouthful, even the deserts are not scrimped.The only down side for myself and my good lady was the hard chairs to sit on, but we managed to acquire a couple of cushions to remedy that., as mentioned earlier have been here many times in the past and would recommend this place without hesitation.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

Being a vegetarian who can't stomach cheese, I'm used to being underwhelmed by the halfhearted attempts of pubs and restaurants to cater for non meat eaters. Palmed off with some revolting goats cheese offering, most menus show little imagination leaving veggies feeling tolerated at best.

So I was utterly delighted today to enjoy quite honestly the best veggie meal I've ever had in a pub. I was resigning myself to soup and a side of chips when the lovely blonde lady behind the bar suggested that the butternut squash dish could be made without the brie for me.

The dish was imaginative and completely delicious and I just wish I'd asked for the recipe as it would definitely be on my dinner party list. Other pubs could learn a lot from The Yew Tree both in terms of what to offer the UK's millions of vegetarians and as importantly, how to make them feel as valued as their meat and two veg customers. Incidentally, other members of our party had meat dishes that they raved about.

If I have to balance my review, I'd suggest that where puddings are concerned, they reconsider the absolutely enormous portions. Delicious though they were I'd have been happier not having to waste half of mine for lack of room.

All in all, highly recommended.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Ok, with such a wide menu you expect some of the food to be cooked in a microwave, but it's good value. And don't forget to buy some of the free-range eggs when you leave.