“Poor class”

Betty Surf and Yoga
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Canoa
More attraction details
Owner description: Daily Yoga classes Momday through Friday at 9:00 a.M. Currently featuring Aerial Yoga class, Indo Boards and Slackline Yoga as part of Yoga for Surf Balance class. Also learn to Surf Ecuador this year with the 3 Day Surf & Yoga Course. Patricia integrates the concepts of Balance, breath and focus to bring surfing to a whole new level of understanding. Yoga is a meditative practice in motion, through which we aspire to perform optimally and to enhance our range of motion, stretch muscles and learn about balance and breath. No one else in Ecuador is doing it like Betty is! Explaining the interrelationship of surfing and yoga. Yoga for Surfing! Yoga for Life! Mind, body surf!
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Was spending a few days in Canoa and hoping to incorporate a yoga class into my daily routine. Went once and was very disappointed with the quality of the class. Have done a wide variety of Yoga classes and types over the years and know enough to recognise poor sequences and instruction. It was also expensive by Ecuadorian standards - US$10.

3  Thank LoopyLouRTW
BlueBuddhaSurf, Owner at Betty Surf and Yoga, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2015

We currently only hire guest yoga teachers with their YA or EYRT to teach at Betty, requiring both quality, experience and innovation to lead classes at our beachside yoga studio. We have been very blessed this year with an aero yoga/aerial yoga teacher and continue to hold a high standard for our teachers.

All reviews
in 14 reviews
"flow"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed July 21, 2014

I was in Canoa recently and saw signs for morning yoga so I decided to check it out. The class was great, I loved the flow of stretches and left feeling relaxed and renewed. If you're in Canoa and craving some yoga, this is the place to go!

Reviewed January 12, 2014

I had 2 Yoga classes and 5 surfing lessons. Very profesional, friendly, sympathic, openminded and patient instructors (Patricia and Cédric) with lots of positive energy as well as clean and good equipment. I recommend Betty Surf and Yoga for beginners as well as intermediate surfers (and yogis)

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I have never surfed in my life and decided to take 3 surf classes at Betty's because of the reviews here on TripAdvisor. I'm pleased to say the reviews did not let me down. My experience was super fun, my instructor Cedric was incredibly patient and helpful, the equipment was clean and of good quality - overall, very professional. I got exactly what I expected and maybe a bit more... proud to say that I was able to stand up on the board during the first lesson, and learned a few other techniques as well.

Highly recommended!

1  Thank kissthebandit
See more reviews
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We had two combination yoga- and surf lessons at Betty Surf and Yoga in Canoa. Patricia's yoga class before the surfing class was focussed on skills needed while surfing, and it was a great way to start the day with.

Although we never had even touched a surfboard, our surf instructor Cedric made us stand on the board during our first class! He explained things very well and made us feel safe on the board. Unfortunately we couldn't stay any longer, otherwise we would for sure have done more classes than only two.

So..go there!! It is a great place to pratice both yoga and surfing!