“Authentic and Female Friendly Ecotourism”

Betty Surf and Yoga
Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Canoa
More attraction details
Owner description: Daily Yoga classes Momday through Friday at 9:00 a.M. Currently featuring Aerial Yoga class, Indo Boards and Slackline Yoga as part of Yoga for Surf Balance class. Also learn to Surf Ecuador this year with the 3 Day Surf & Yoga Course. Patricia integrates the concepts of Balance, breath and focus to bring surfing to a whole new level of understanding. Yoga is a meditative practice in motion, through which we aspire to perform optimally and to enhance our range of motion, stretch muscles and learn about balance and breath. No one else in Ecuador is doing it like Betty is! Explaining the interrelationship of surfing and yoga. Yoga for Surfing! Yoga for Life! Mind, body surf!
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Authentic and female friendly ecotourism provided by professional surf and yoga instructors that meet your ability level.

There are newer reviews for Betty Surf and Yoga

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I can't recommend Betty Surf and Yoga enough. I stayed in Ecuador for three weeks and had some delays getting in but Trish and her crew were accommodating and helped me rebook and get things situated. As a solo traveler who doesn't know Spanish I felt totally comfortable and at ease with Betty Surf and Yoga. Trish knows the country well and I would recommend her as a personal guide. Not only is she a great yoga instructor but also a hell of a mountain guide. Yoga and surfing were a great combination and Canoa was a nice location to learn. I already want to go back and see more of the country (and surf of course) via motorcycle - which Betty Surf and Yoga can set up for me.

Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

My bf, his friend and I went for an early morning yoga class outside in the warm air, listening to birds and the waves with Trish. She was so welcoming and sweet. Her yoga was focused on surfing stretches which we needed. We rented the best boards on the beach from her and I was able to order a custom rashie (painted by a local artist), best souvenir ever! I also took a surf lesson from a talented auzzie Linda who was a blast to hangout with, and she was dedicated to getting me up on a wave.
Don't miss out on meeting these wonderful people who make you feel like a local. And the classes I took we're a once in a lifetime experience.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I am going regularly to morning sessions of Yoga at the Betty Surf house in Canoa. It is so invigorating and a great way to start the day. Either at the house, or right on the beach, the Yoga classes are fun and also catered to ability. I have tried surfing a few times but have easily given up. The classes are inspiring me to give it another go! The instructor, Patricia is very professional, friendly and fun. I highly recommend Betty surf and yoga camp.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

After just an hour or two of lessons with a very patient and encouraging surf professor, I was able to get up and ride the waves. I am no where close to being an "awesome rad surfer dude" but I now know the basics and I dont think I could have done it without Betty Surf Camp.

While in Canoa, I also did a couple of yoga lessons. I took yoga classes in the states and it was never this cool. Maybe its being on the beach in a great environment. Or maybe it was Patricia's fun, yet serious teaching style that made it so great. All I know is that I will do a yoga class now anytime I visit Canoa. Its definitely a good time and makes me feel great afterwards.

This is a very professional, well run Surf and Yoga camp. It is definitely world-class and has a great future in Canoa. Keep up the great work!

1  Thank Court593