“Betty's made my trip to Ecuador truly memorable, I'll always look back on it and smile.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Betty Surf and Yoga

Betty Surf and Yoga
Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Canoa
More attraction details
Owner description: Daily Yoga classes Momday through Friday at 9:00 a.M. Currently featuring Aerial Yoga class, Indo Boards and Slackline Yoga as part of Yoga for Surf Balance class. Also learn to Surf Ecuador this year with the 3 Day Surf & Yoga Course. Patricia integrates the concepts of Balance, breath and focus to bring surfing to a whole new level of understanding. Yoga is a meditative practice in motion, through which we aspire to perform optimally and to enhance our range of motion, stretch muscles and learn about balance and breath. No one else in Ecuador is doing it like Betty is! Explaining the interrelationship of surfing and yoga. Yoga for Surfing! Yoga for Life! Mind, body surf!
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

My bf, his friend and I went for an early morning yoga class outside in the warm air, listening to birds and the waves with Trish. She was so welcoming and sweet. Her yoga was focused on surfing stretches which we needed. We rented the best boards on the beach from her and I was able to order a custom rashie (painted by a local artist), best souvenir ever! I also took a surf lesson from a talented auzzie Linda who was a blast to hangout with, and she was dedicated to getting me up on a wave.
Don't miss out on meeting these wonderful people who make you feel like a local. And the classes I took we're a once in a lifetime experience.

Quito, Ecuador
“Great yoga sessions in great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

I am going regularly to morning sessions of Yoga at the Betty Surf house in Canoa. It is so invigorating and a great way to start the day. Either at the house, or right on the beach, the Yoga classes are fun and also catered to ability. I have tried surfing a few times but have easily given up. The classes are inspiring me to give it another go! The instructor, Patricia is very professional, friendly and fun. I highly recommend Betty surf and yoga camp.

Visited March 2013
Ecuador
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“I actually learned to surf!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

After just an hour or two of lessons with a very patient and encouraging surf professor, I was able to get up and ride the waves. I am no where close to being an "awesome rad surfer dude" but I now know the basics and I dont think I could have done it without Betty Surf Camp.

While in Canoa, I also did a couple of yoga lessons. I took yoga classes in the states and it was never this cool. Maybe its being on the beach in a great environment. Or maybe it was Patricia's fun, yet serious teaching style that made it so great. All I know is that I will do a yoga class now anytime I visit Canoa. Its definitely a good time and makes me feel great afterwards.

This is a very professional, well run Surf and Yoga camp. It is definitely world-class and has a great future in Canoa. Keep up the great work!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Court593
Goettingen, Germany
“Yoga and Hospitality”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

I traveled the coast of Ecuador for 3 weeks, always with having beach yoga classes in mind but never getting the opportunity to do so. So I was happy when I stumbled across the little town of Canoa where the people are wonderful and the beach and surf-scene is spectacular. To top it off, a true highlight of my time in Canoa was the time I spent with Betty Surf and Yoga. The staff was extremely friendly and flexible (Patricia set up an extra Yoga lesson for us the next morning upon request), and the yoga lessons were well-done and enjoyable, while still the right amount of challenging for intermediate yoga-practicers. Also, Betty Surf and Yoga hosts awesome projects for the local community - only one more reason why to channel your recourses towards this place!

Visited January 2013
United Kingdom
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Great yoga at the beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

I've been two or three times because I liked it so much. I've just done the yoga and that was awesome - there's nothing like a Betty yoga class to set you up for a relaxing day at the beach. The instructor is really friendly too, which is nice. I thoroughly recommend Betty Surf and Yoga.

Visited December 2012