“Best pina coladas in canoa”
Review of Canoa Beach Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Canoa
Canoa Beach Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Canoa
Reviewed June 23, 2013

had an amazing time, great place to rest and listen to some chill beats with Greg, the best host in town. the food is delicious and worth every penny.
will come back here again and get a room on the top floor which appear to also be amazing.
xoxoxoxo
real housewives of Canoa

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 8, 2013

The owner, builder, designer did a fantastic job creating an enjoyable place to stay. The hotel has a great staff and a terrific location on the beach. Although the menu is limited,the food was very good. The rooms are unusual in design and very upscale for this room rate. I would recommend this hotel as one of the best in Ecuador.

Room Tip: This is a new hotel on the beach at the south end of canoa.if traveling from the north take the firs...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We recently visited with a tour, and we were extremely pleased with the hotel, the grounds, and especially Greg! He was welcoming and warm, and we truly enjoyed our stay. Of all the places we stayed during our 2 weeks in Ecuador, Greg's place was my favorite. I question the veracity of the one and only "terrible" review. I would guess that person is confused about where she actually stayed, since the place she describes is not the same place we stayed. Especially since she claims she stayed there nearly a year before it opened...Anyway, thank you, Greg, for such a wonderful place and I wish you much success.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I agree with another review that says the pictures don't do it justice. This is really a terrific hotel in all respects.
First, the design and construction. Greg, the owner, architect, designer and landscaper, really did a fine job with so many thoughtful touches. It is not only a really beautiful property, but very, very comfortable. Ahhh, the hammocks were perfect!
Second, the service is really fabulous. Ok, this is a beach hotel, not a downtown business travel hotel in a major city. But, still, we wanted for nothing there. Lots of staff, truly quality service.
Third, the food is really quite delicious. Breakfast of fresh fruit, yogurt and granola could be supplemented with eggs for a minor extra cost. Coffee was ready early in the morning and the bar was always available.
Fourth, the location is terrific. It really, truly sits right on the beach. It is close enough to the main Canoa beachtown, that it is an easy stroll down the beach or the highway on the other side of the hotel. It is remote enough to avoid any highway noise or noise from the rest of the Canoa beach community.
And, Fifth, I guess, are owner Greg and manager Maureen, two terrific and interesting people who really want to make guests happy. They sure did for Jan and I and we so look forward to our next trip.
Oh, come prepared with cash as there is no ATM in Canoa, although rumors are one will arrive soon. The nearest is only about 15-20 minutes away, but plan ahead.

1  Thank Bruce H
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We are just finishing our delicious breakfast of granola, yoghurt, fresh fruit and home made bread and have been lucky enough to see whales jumping out of season. The photos of this hotel do not do it justice at all. It is stunning and we would move in if we could! The rooms are big, clean and with a lovely huge shower. The view is phenomenal and the design of the hotel is as 5 star as any we have stayed at. Greg, the owner is charming. Maureen, the manager is lovely too as are the rest of the staff. It would be awesome for a destination wedding. Don't pass this up, you won't regret it. Not sure that there is a fitness centre as I accidentally pressed that section but know if there was, it would be awesome!

2  Thank chunky_faery
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed 4.5 months at this hotel before it was the Canoa Beach Hotel.. Greg made us feel like we were part of his family and even though we were ready to go home we hated to leave our pent house apartment. We came to visit Greg when we were visiting Canoa while they were building it and now that it is done we will definitely stay with our friend Greg again.

Hope to be visiting with in this year.. and it is great that we can make arrangements on the internet to book a room to let you know when we will be in your area.

We stayed at the hotel from Sept 2009 - Feb 2009

Mike & Neda Cason
Ellenton, Florida

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor and the view is amazing. Best view in Canoa!!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We ended up staying here as part of a tour group called Ecuador Expat Tours, and what a pleasant surprise it was. Unfortunately, I had ended up being very sick that day, but Greg took excellent care of me putting me into a room right away, then bringing me some tea to sooth my stomach as soon as he got everyone else checked in. I ended up sleeping about 15 hours until about 8 am the next morning, but my wife said she had an enjoyable evening, walking along the beach at sunset, and really enjoyed their unique pool. When I got up the next morning, I was served some fresh fruit and some scrambled eggs which really hit the spot seeing that I was unable to eat anything the day before.

I hope to return there in the near future and spend a few days there relaxing and enjoying all that it has to offer.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bucky53
Also consider these accommodations in or near Canoa
12 mi away
#1 of 16 in Canoa
La Vista Hotel
La Vista Hotel
#8 of 16 in Canoa

Been to Canoa Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!