“Make sure Kingston Family Vineyards is in your travel plans!”

Kingston Family Vineyards
Book In Advance
More Info
$57.00*
and up
Bike and Wine Tour at Casablanca Wine Valley
Ranked #2 of 28 things to do in Casablanca
More attraction details
Owner description: In the early 1900s, mining engineer C.J. Kingston left his home in Michigan looking for gold in Chile. While he never found it, his search yielded a cattle ranch in Casablanca Valley. Generations later, his descendants are showing the same pioneering spirit in exploring new frontiers in Chilean winemaking. Growing red wine grapes in a valley known for whites, Kingston Family Vineyards has been hailed as Winery of the Year by Wine & Spirits Magazine.
Reviewed April 5, 2013

My wife and I planned a 2-day tour of the Casablanca Valley at the end of a 2.5 week trip to Argentina and Chile. Our agent recommended that we include a stop at Kingston Family Vineyards. I did some research and saw that they have been producing exceptional wines, so we decided to give it a try.
Coming from a wine-producing area of the U.S., we have taken many winery tours and have done lots of tastings. So we thought we knew what to expect. But we were in for a surprise.
From the moment that we arrived and met the assistant winemaker (Alejandra) to the superb vineyard and winery tour given by Judith, the experience was fantastic and far exceeded our expectations. But best of all, we enoyed a private tasting at the end where we got to taste some fabulous Kingston Family wines (the Pinot Noir was my favorite, but the Syrah was also great!).
We would highly recommend that anyone who is travelling to the Casablanca Valley be sure to make a point of going to Kingston. You will remember the experience and you will love the wine!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

My husband and I visited Kingston while we were traveling from Vina del Mar to Santiago. Kingston was our first and best stop of the day! Our driver pulled up to the winery and we were surprised to see them working on their Harvest. It was a true behind the scenes experience. Judith gave us a wonderful tour!! She even let us try some of the grapes off the harvest line. A highlight of our visit was meeting and spending some time with Courtney Kingston, who had just arrived in Chile! Most importantly, the wines were great and as a part of the tour, we got to take the open bottles with us. I would highly recommend this vineyard to anyone looking to go off the beaten path and experience something remarkable!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

My wife and I had the good fortune of visiting Santiago, Valparaiso, and the Casablanca Valley the last week of February at which time we visited three wineries. Although Kingston was the smallest of the three, it turned out to be the best for several reasons. First of all, we had already been introduced to their wines in the U.S. and liked them very much. Second, our tour guide Eliana A. was from Ohio like us and gave us the best tour, either there or in the U.S. We got a good lesson about the in's and outs of the wine industry, and not just Kingston. Since it was just my wife and me, it was truly a personalized tour. At the end we were treated to three samples of white and reds along with a plate of appetizers. My favorite was the "Bayo Oscuro" syrah but I also recommend the s. blanc "Cariblanco." Please visit and say hi to Eliana 4 us!

3  Thank FoxChavez
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Judith gave us a wonderful tour, and the tasting venue was fabulous. Beautiful design. Great view. No one else around. We felt like we were relaxing at a friend's house enjoying truly outstanding wine.

2  Thank Granitegrouser
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I lived in Santiago for a few months and became a huge fan of drinking the delicious Chilean wine. As part of this discovery process I visited several wineries throughout Chile, most of them in the Casablanca valley.

Kingston was well worth the trip and one of my favorite things I did while in Chile. The winery is rich in family history and has even better tasting wine. Our guide spoke fluent English and Spanish- which made it more enjoyable for our group of mostly English speakers. We got a full tour of the winery- which allowed us to see the production, see where the wine is aged and then tasting of several fantastic wines.

As part of the tasting we were able to arrange lunch as well, which was enjoyed in what can be described as a "perch" over looking a valley. The outdoor tasting room takes advantage of the great weather during the summer months. I added a few pictures to showcase the amazing view.

Overall- highly recommended and something I would absolutely do again.

3  Thank Chris C