“Feels like a place thats given up.”

Farleigh Road Farm Shop
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Gold award winning farm shop cafe serving breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea. Outside seating and play area.
Reviewed February 8, 2013

In todays world of declining disposable income and local competition my belief is that you need to offer a good product at fair price. At least which ever way you do it a fairly averagely poor product at a high price wont cut it. They no longer do a cooked breakfast, (reading reviews it seems they were charging 8 quid for a cooked breakfast, then no wonder it didnt pay), fair enough so a bacon sandwich it is. This isnt cheap as chips danish stuff. No decent thick bacon. However i got the strong impression it had been cooked a while earler, hard, luke warm but not crispy. Also very tasteless, again leading me to think it had been hanging around awhile. If it started out as good bacon it didnt make it to my plate the same way. Not enough of it. Think slices of bread you need a 3 rashwr minimum. Especially for four quid. Bread wasnt fresh. Service was surly. When i was 18 and working in a shop for minimum wage i was surly as well so if the rest was good then this would be no problem to me. The cut down menu, empty tables, buzzing similar establishments a mile down the road (whiterows) im clearly not the only one who will be driving on in future.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We enjoyed Sunday Lunch here with the family and it was plentiful and well cooked. Good varied menu.
The farm shop is very tempting on the way in and out and sells varied and good quality produce and grocery items.
Well worth a visit

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Great coffee, lovely home made cakes but I'm afraid it all seemed a bit contrived and pretentious and not good value.
Strange really, it's basically a cafe but there's something about the ambience that leads you to believe it will be something special and you become disappointed when its not, will I visit again yes, will I eat, probably not sorry they have last the chance to earn from me again...

Reviewed February 2, 2013

We had not been here for a long time and found that the menu has now been cut down from meals to snacks. Two of us ordered sausage rolls, but they had been sold out - the table next to us had ordered the last ones and then complained when they realised they had been microwaved. I'm no chef, but I do know that pastry and microwaves are best avoided. Another minor irritation was that most of the empty tables had not been wiped, so we had to do it ourselves. The food we ordered was fine, the staff were nice but we just got the impression that this was not the same standard of eatery that it used to be ( we came here a few times in the past, last visit was about a year ago )

Extend the menu, invest in the waiting staff and we will be back but until then our view is that we will probably avoid this place.

1  Thank glyncoy
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We have visited Woodys many times in the past and have always had good service and great food. Was very dissapointed today a cold snowy day, a Tuesday,to find that the restaurant was very cold. There was a heating vent above our table gushing out cold air!! the restaurant was empty which is unusual as every time I had been before it was packed. The food was obviously home made but was heated up in a visable microwave,tasty enough. Hot chocolate and cider good. Come on woodys why not light the wood burner, fix the heating and get back the cosy cafe we had in the past or you will loose regular customers like us.