We stayed for two nights ( 21 and 22 Jan 2013 ) and thoroughly enjoyed our stay - even though it snowed almost continuously.
Our room was lovely, warm and cosy, nice bed, lovely bathroom. Very good breakfasts, and we were made to feel very welcome and comfortable by Alan and Mathew. Very cosy downstairs area for a beer while watching the snow falling.
We did not brave the hot tub, but others did, despite the snow. Wish I had tried it now!
Handy for visiting Bath ( parking in Bath is a bit of a pain, we took Alan's advice and used Park and Ride for the second day, much easier and more relaxing ) The free walking tour ( 2 hour ) of Bath was good ( even in a blizzard ), leaves outside the Pump Room at 1030 and 1400.
We ate at the George in Norton St Philip, good food and an amazing old pub about 5 mins drive away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This quintessentially English Grade II castle complete with 11 bedroom suites is just 6 miles from the historic City of Bath. Completed in 1806, Bath Lodge Castle is a wonderful rural retreat for a wide range of purposes. Refurbished at the end of 2010 to a stunning standard, the Castle is packed full of charm and character, and friends, families and colleagues alike will be astounded by its comfort. The four acres of grounds including the Pavilion, contain a hot tub, sauna and bucket shower, as well as outdoor bar and river surround this stunning property and together provide a perfect base from which to explore and enjoy South West England. Call 0,1225-7==-23043 for bookings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bath Lodge Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bath Lodge Castle Hotel Norton St Philip
- Bath Lodge Castle Norton St Philip