See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 11, 2019 via mobile

Stayed at UI hotel to explore Shingu and Wakayama. The rooms are very spacious so we were pleasantly surprised. The beds arw really comfortable and the staff were so welcoming! It's about 7 mins walk from Shingu station but you need to go across train tracks (there is a person to guide you at the crossing though!). It's a flat fare of 600yen by taxi to most places in the town. You'll need to walk to the station area to go to the convenience store and there is not much shopping in the area so I suggest to get souveneirs at the attractions or Wakayama Station.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is indeed quite dated but the rooms are large by Japanese standards, and the staff are extremely helpful and courteous. The bathroom is clean and the bed comfortable. Staff supplied me with a smaller pillow upon request. The decor is very old and the bathroom towels very thin, so I recommend better towels to the management. Also I think the carpet in my room should be steam cleaned. Otherwise, a good 3 star choice if you are on a budget.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2017 via mobile

This hotel was good enough to check us in early on a hot day for no extra charge. Room a decent size for Japan and bathroom had everything we needed. Maybe a 10 minute walk from the station. Quiet room and area. I'd stay again. Friendly polite staff.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2017

This hotel is very close to the train station – an easy walk. Very friendly and helpful staff. Very little English is spoken here but I got along OK. The WI-FI is available in the rooms but keeps going “ON and OFF”. They switched me to the 5th floor which is a smoking floor. That floor has a cable connection and they provide a mini-router. The WI-FI works better than on other floors but it still goes “ON and OFF” once in a while. Breakfast was buffet for the first couple of days and a choice of an ozen breakfast or American breakfast set on one day. They have a small izakaya on the 1st floor which was great. A Family Mart convenience store is just a block up the street. The main attractions, the Hayatama Taisha Shrine, the castle ruins, a department store and shopping arcade, etc are easy walking distances from the hotel. In spite of WI-FI woes, I enjoyed a great stay here.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed June 4, 2016

Stayed here on two different nights. The staff were good enough to store our big bags for us while we did an overnight trip to an onsen.

It's not the most modern place, but rooms are clean, and larger than many other hotels in Japan. Staff are helpful and polite, but perhaps less confident in English than those in larger towns. Breakfast was included in our rate and had a wide range of choices. About 10 mins walk from station/bus stop. As others have said there aren't many eateries around here, but you can find some within 5-10 mins walk.

Date of stay: June 2016