See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 10, 2016 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights in a 4 beds room. The room was large and well-equipped. I really like the restroom with hightech toilet. They also served some free snacks and tea that can be found easily in the desk. My room had a beautiful outside view. I can see the Lake Biwa and Hikone Castle in front of my eyes.
I booked the buffet ticket for breakfast and dinner. There was a diverse dishes from different cultures and it was really delicious.
The wifi here was fast, however it is only available in the lobby.

Stayed: February 2016, traveled on business
2  Thank meonguyen112
Reviewed January 15, 2016

The beds are gross. The rooms are incredibly dated and smell like stale smoke. The people are nice, though. And the buffet is fantastic! I went with a group and if you let them know ahead of time they'll make you vegetarian dinner sets. The location is also awesome because there's a little beach nearby with lots of beach pottery.

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 12, 2014 via mobile

Good price, comfortable and lake view with price only below 10k Yen per room night incl breakfast.... Worth the value

Room is clean and breakfast is above standard ....

Please see attached lake view photo and easy to reach the famous tourist spot liked tower of city

Stayed: October 2014
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Strange one this one. On arrival I couldn't help think this place was a bit of a dump, an expensive dump, but at the end of our brief stay (one night), I can say we had a really great time here...

OK so the hotel is quite old and hasn't been decorated or restyled for quite some time (think flowery bed covers) but the rooms are quite big for Japan and the view of the lake is great.

What made our stay great were the facilities for the kids and family, after all we were 14 people; 2 sets of grandparents, 3 sets of brothers and sisters and 2 lots of kids. Table tennis, tennis, fishing all kept the kids happy and karaoke after dinner for the 'grown ups'.

Dinner was another plus. Buffet style which included crab, as much as your heart desired. I love crab but it costs a fortune at home so it was great being able to have a fair amount. I guess if you said £60 then you'd be looking at £20 per head for dinner and breakfast, not bad... Oh, did mention beer? And beer!

Just goes to show it's what you make of it...

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on a recent trip to Japan. It wasn't bad. But it was that good either. We stayed on one of the top floors so the view was outstanding. The price was comparable good for Hikone. But the rest was pretty average. The location is out of the main area of Hikone. If you don't have a car then you will need to take a taxi. The hotel and rooms were stuck in the 70s or 80s. Bathrooms had a little mildew in corner of the shower. We only stayed one night and would probably stay a bit closer to the main part of town if we returned. If you value price and view more than anything else then you'll probably like this place. Otherwise, give it a miss and stay closer to the main area.

Room Tip: Get a room on the highest floor you can to enjoy a better view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple