“One of the Better Ones but..........”
Review of The Busena Terrace

The Busena Terrace
Ranked #3 of 22 Hotels / Ryokan in Nago
Reviewed December 9, 2011

A huge 5-star hotel located on the northern end of the Onna-son resort strip. Has the most variety of F&B outlets and the hotel is set in an open concept with an airy lobby. However, rooms are a bit dated and would require a refresh to keep with times. Meeting and function area is set on a promontory with breathtaking views of the ocean.

• Stayed: March 2011
1  Thank feibeesi

Reviewed May 24, 2011

Was here for a long weekend on a group tour and enjoyed my stay @ the Busena Terrace. Staff were lovely, decent spread for breakfast and lunch/dinner buffets, huge rooms with comfortable bed (but slightly hard pillows). The hotel was also situated on a beautiful beach with clear waters, only drawback was that they have circled a very small area to allow people to swim and anywhere else is offlimits and you will have someone running over to wait for you to get out of the water ! The only bad thing about this hotel is that it's a good 75min drive from the airport and 45mins from the city... but then again, it could be a good thing, because once you are there, it's worth it !

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank sirk32
Reviewed June 4, 2009

We used this hotel in a company trip. It was February, so, too early to swim and the weather was bad. (raining all the time) Although it is Okinawa, it was much warmer than Tokyo. We had a very nice stay. Service was good, restaurant was good, rooms were clean and well-equipped. I would not complain anything about this place. I just do not know the price company paid, so, I cannot talk about cost performance here.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed September 22, 2008

It was the beautiful hotel. I think this hotel is the one of the best hotels in my life. It was so perfect that I felt as if I had been in Disney land.
Though the hotel is like a luxury resort in western country, It is a pity that we can not enjoy Okinawan style. And everything was so expensive (restaurants, shops, staying expense itself!!) that I couldn’t feel relax. what is worse, we had seen lots of differential treatment during stay. I mean, there are big difference between the people who stay at club floor and the people who stayed economy floor!!
I recommend this hotel, if you have much money. The more money you have, the more fun you can have! (Same as life??)

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank kyoni
Reviewed July 11, 2008

My husband and I stayed at this property again in mid-June. This time we stayed in a "natural ocean view" room instead of the "deluxe elegant," in which we stayed last year . The room was beautiful and spacious. The bathroom was lovely, with a large tub and very nice separate shower. The view fantastic, the food--at both Mahae and Fanuan--delicious.

However, the portions at Mahae for the cheapest course were so small we had to stop by the bar (forgot the name - the one with live music) for some snacks. I know it's the "cheapest," but it was still expensive (at least 5,000Y) and I expected to get full (I'm a petite person).

However, we noticed one thing during this stay more than we did during our last stay. Noise. We could hear neighbors on both sides of us - shutting the bathroom door, dropping something, talking at times. Kids in the hallway, running, screaming. Parents running after them. Kids waking up early in neighboring rooms and waking me up as they venture to the hallway. Not my idea of a break from the workday grind.

If you do not like to vacation at a place with lots of kids, I would avoid this property during peak Japanese travel times - Golden Week and August. The weather in August is miserable anyway. At times the pool looked like a kiddie YMCA swim class. I don't mind the kids, but I know some folks don't like to vacation at places with lots of children.

But would I stay here again? Yes. I would just go mid-week.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Hikari
Reviewed June 18, 2007

Definately the best resort in Okinawa. Lovely rooms, excellent service, clean, well-maintained, excellent food. Best buffet breakfast we've ever had! Really, you can't go wrong as they have something for everyone regardless of age and gender within the resort. Not cheap, though, but well worth it!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank nje0303
Reviewed August 26, 2004

I can guarantee this is the greatest hotel in the world.Busena terrace has beautiful private beach and nice indoor/outdoor poolsI could spend luxuary vacation in the great room with nice amenities.Hotel stuffs are so polite,intelligent and friendly.Inddor/outdoor pools and gym are available.G8 summit held here,presidents&prime ministers stayed,too.

9  Thank Akky
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nago
The Ritz-Carlton, Okinawa
Okinawa Marriott Resort & Spa
Hotel Nikko Alivila Yomitan Resort Okinawa
Renaissance Okinawa Resort
Sheraton Okinawa Sunmarina Resort
Kanucha Bay Hotel & Villas

Been to The Busena Terrace? Share your experiences!