“Dream Vacation Hotel!”

Okinawa Marriott Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels / Ryokan in Nago
Reviewed April 10, 2014

What a FABULOUS property. I've stayed here several times and it only gets BETTER!
If you are on the Executive floor and try to check in at the front desk, they whisk you away to the 14th Lounge where a gentleman behind a big wooden desk rises, bows and summons his assistant to bring fresh Guava Juice as he offers you a chair to sit while you register. VERY personal service!

The room is amazing with a patio that is half enclosed with floor to ceiling glass and half outside a storm proof door. Shower is amazing wiht a full size bathtub open to the shower.

Health club and spa are to die for. one is at 40 degreesC and the other cool plunge about 20.

EVERYONE on staff is soooo helpful!

Here for a glorious week!

Room Tip: Ask for Executive Floors 14 or 15 overlooking East China Sea
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Byron C

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I have been excited and satisfied with this hotel, facility and accomodation, hospitality.
There is pool(Inddoor, Outdoor), Spa, Fitness. Also, I stayed at Excecutive floor since I am Gold Elite and each presentation(Breakfast, Cocktail & Happy Hour) is related with local Okinawa(Shimanchu) taste. Hotel staff (Yukarishi)'s clothes are very attractive and it made me feed "Special Japan". I will be back to this hotel definitely with my friends. Only one thing which I didn't like is far from Naha Airport(90 minutes Y1900 shuttle bus)
The rest of this, this is perfect resort hotel!!

Room Tip: High Floor/Executive Floor
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kikuc007
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

I stayed there for two days. The location is not convenient for non drivers. There are no shuttle buses to go outside. As it is located on the hill top, people have to walk down and take public transport.

Besides, the room design is very old fashioned. There is a piece of glass between the bathroom and the bedroom. It made people embarrassed even my friend and I are women. We requested non smoking room but as we entered the room, there was a very strong and bad smoking smell.

The language abilities of the staff at the cafe and restaurant are bad. We spoke several times to ask for booking a table and spent over 10 minutes to deal with that. Their spoken English is bad and they cannot understand simple English.

I must not stay there again! A bad experience! It is not worthwhile to spend so much money on buying the low quality service. It seems only serving the local Japanese and those people who are capable of speaking Japanese.

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank ahlimama
OkinawaMarriott, お客様担当マネージャー at Okinawa Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Thank you for your feedback.
We sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations. Our on hill location can mean extra nice ocean view look down, as we have shuttle service between the hotel and the nearest bus stop upon request for guests convenience.
As for the language abilities of our staffs, we address this point and have our staffs skill-up their English in order to ensure complete guest satisfaction. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show how your feedback let us improve.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed for 7 nights (and then one more as a typhoon stranded us for an extra day). The hotel was average as far as hotels go. The room was average size and had a nice balcony. Curtains weren't the best and didn't keep out the morning sun so the kids were up literally at the crack of dawn. The hotel was in a good location, though....about halfway up the island so it was easy to get anywhere on the island.

BBQ restaurant (Howdy) was decent with a nice selection of food.

Staff was very friendly although it took us two days of asking to find out that we had to go to the post office (15 min drive) to find an atm that would take a foreign (Chinese or US) bank card, even though there were visa and UnionPay signs in most stores.

The hotel beach was nice, but nothing special and on the small side. They did offer a variety of water sports.

Hotel lounge was small and didn't have much to offer for any meals or snacks.

Pool was decent and had a "kids' club" that you could pay an arm and a leg for so that your kid could slide down an inflatable pool or ride in an inflatable ball for an hour.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TheFamFive
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

We spent a night here, and the room is large with a very comfortable Balcony where we can feel the gust esp at night. The gym service is good as short pants and even shoes can be borrowed for use free. We tried the spa, it's ok

I especially appreciate the service we received at te Japanese restaurant. We had set dinner there. One of the waitresses is very friendly and hospitable to introduce the dishes for us and answers our queries about the food. The other waitress is also nice to lead me the way to the rest room which is outside the restaurant . 100% quality service!

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Excellent all around in every area. It is located far away from the busy Naha or other cities, but that was how we could see the true beauty and life of Okinawa in the country side. Particular love the picturesque scenery and the big clean well-equipped room. We would like to go back again between March and October to experience swimming outdoor.

Room Tip: We arrived very late at night. That might contribute to how we were upgraded to executive floor.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Natalierre
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I loved stay here Marriott resort.

Staffs were really helpful, kind and responsive. Check in was smooth as silk.

I liked big room compared to other Japanese hotel which was same size as South east Asia.

Basically it seems that bed and pillow sheets are changed everyday which I impressed so much as other hotel I stayed never do that before my request. Also restroom amenities also topped up everyday if I use something.

Basic restroom amenities such as Toothbrush, razor, shampoo etc were ready for your use. There're shower room and also Jacuzzi type which I enjoyed much.

For TV channel I didn't check all but seems BBC is the only English speaking broadcasting.

There're not only Japanese style breakfast but International style. If you visited European country before visiting Okinawa, you will absolutely like selection of breakfast. But IF you visited South Asian country before visiting Okinawa, you will possibly disappoint of selection of breakfast... But I satisfied the breakfast buffet. You absolutely need to try Okinawa's pineapple. It was the best I've ever had.

For fitness center, I slightly disappointed but basic facility were well maintained.

When I stayed here, pretty many group tourists were here but there're no crowded in breakfast restaurant as they had meal at separated place.

Bunch of parking spaces so no worry. And be noted that every room has its view of ocean which were great.

NO operational for outdoor pool but indoor pool is in operation.

I will definitely stay here and visit Okinawa again. Really loved here.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nago
The Ritz-Carlton, Okinawa
The Busena Terrace
Hotel Nikko Alivila Yomitan Resort Okinawa
Sheraton Okinawa Sunmarina Resort
ANA InterContinental Manza Beach Resort
Kafuu Resort Fuchaku Condo Hotel

Been to Okinawa Marriott Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!