Lowest prices for your stay
Fully refundable before Fri, Mar 8
$66
Fully refundable before Thu, Mar 7
No booking fees
KirbyAnn
Great location. Nice little hotel.
Review of Uno Port INN
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Feb 24, 2019via mobile
We stayed at the Uno Port Inn because if it close proximity to the ferries that go to Naoshima and Teshima but ended up pleased with it for other reasons as well. Jamal greeted us very warmly both when we arrived and at breakfast the next morning in the retro cafe ( which was very good for $7). He provided us with maps and travel info for the islands. The rooms are small but clean and comfortable and quiet. Another plus was the hotel let us store our bags there for the day when we visited Teshima . The hotel also was just a short walk from a lovely onsen where we spent a relaxing couple of hours. Very nice stay. Would recommend,
Date of stay: February 2019
      • Rakuten Travel
      Get rewarded with One Key
      • Hotels.com
      View more hotels in Tamano
      All reviews art islands bagels train station private bathroom visiting naoshima perfect location local restaurants naoshima island a great stay place to stay recommend staying here japanese style room opposite the ferry individual bathrooms day trip great host uno
      Selected filters
      Reviewed January 29, 2019

Uno Port Inn was recommended to me by a colleague that visited Naoshima with his wife. He had nothing but good things to say so I booked it without much research. It ended up being one of the highlights of my 3-week solo trip to Japan.

The staff was super friendly and helpful, some english-speaking too. I had a Japanese-style room — Mizoguchi — which stayed cozy during the two cold January nights I stayed. My private bathroom down the hall was clean and it wasn't much of a hassle to go back and forth. The food in the cafe was yummy and pretty healthy... they serve breakfast all day so one night on my jet-lagged stomach I had a breakfast sandwich bagel and sake. :)

Ferrying to and from Naoshima was no problem, though it was good to get all the off-peak/seasonal schedules figured out. The staff was helpful with this. I did Teshima the 2nd day I was there but it was much farther and more expensive and less ferries... so personally I could have skipped it if I knew all that.

Finally, a big bonus was the onsen down the street, Tamano-yu! I definitely recommend the Uno Port Inn.

Trip type: Traveled solo
      1  Thank pleaseleez
      Reviewed January 25, 2019

My boyfriend and I stayed at Uno Port Inn in August for a few days and highly highly recommend this place if you're wanting to explore the islands of Naoshima and Teshima! It is walking distance from the dock to get to the islands. The staff was so friendly and helpful in giving advice on the island and places to eat around there. The food at Uno Port Inn was also delicious and it was so helpful getting breakfast there since our days were jam packed with exploring. I hope to come back some day!

Date of stay: August 2018
      • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
      Reviewed January 20, 2019 via mobile

From arrival to departure, Port Uno Inn and its staff were fantastic. The staff were welcoming, generous and positive. This is a perfect location if you want to explore the art islands on consecutive days as the ferry is just 30 seconds walk away. There is also a brilliant onsen in Uno, definitely check that out. I hope to return again soon, until then I will recomend to my friends.

Trip type: Traveled solo
      Reviewed January 13, 2019

We spent 2.5 days touring the art islands of Naoshima and Teshima and split our time between Uno Port Inn and Benesse House (because the latter is so darned expensive!). Anyway, we don't regret this decision because 1. it's hugely convenient, 2. it's a very comfortable and clean, and 3. and probably most importantly: the staff are truly wonderful. Access to Teshima and Naoshima is really easy from Uno Port, and it's an equally valid way to see the two art islands. It's also worth reemphasising just how lovely the staff here are too.
      Highly recommended.

Room tip: Private bathrooms but they're not located inside the rooms themselves (they're down a hallway - typical of Japan actually)
      Date of stay: December 2018
      • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
      Reviewed January 12, 2019 via mobile

UNO port in is indeed outside the Uno JR station and across the street from the ferry port. It’s a super convenient place to stay if you’re exploring the art islands, and the staff at the hotel is super helpful and informative about ferries and destinations.
      The rooms are tight but perfect for a good nights sleep. Private bathrooms are down the hall and include toiletries.
      The cafe offers a range of options for snacks and meals, and upon check in you receive a map and list of nearby restaurants.
      I found it hard to find info about the art islands online, but the hotel’s useful and informative confirmation email helped me plan ahead, and the details they provided at check in were excellent.
      Nearby are convenience stores, a large supermarket, and best of all... a brand new onsen. It was fabulous in every way.
      This was a great value and an overall great experience

1  Thank leahw1979