All reviews first come first serve basis men and women hot springs japanese style two nights breakfast and dinner westerners shuttle floor baths amenities bedroom futon meals ryokan indoor
Selected filters
Reviewed November 27, 2017

The hotel is really very nice and staffs are very friendly. It is about 5-8 minutes drive from the Yufuin JR station and the hotel offers free shuttle bus for pick up at the station. The hotel faces Yufu Mountain and the view from the resturant is excellent. My room is a traditional Japanese style room with balcony facing the Yufu Mountain as well. It is very spacious and comfortable. The outdoor hot spring is relatively large and it is so relaxing to enjoy the spring water bath. There are also 2 private hot springs that you can use whenever it is available (no need to book). After enjoying the hot spring, you can take a rest at the conversation room . The dinner is served with Wagyu beef and chicken and is very tasty. It really gives me a memorable trip in Yufuin and I surely recommended my friends to stay at this hotel.

Room tip: Book a Japanese style room with mountain view and you can see the beautiful Yufu Mountain when you wake up in the morning.
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank dogdogboy
Reviewed April 30, 2017 via mobile

Nice accomendation, room is nice and clean with amendeties. Nice Private Onsen, food was first day OK second day (our meaning) it taste not so good. But this can be our taste...... The staff is exellent and very friendly everething you ask is for them a plesure. Surroundings are supeeb.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2017

This was my first time in a traditional ryokan, so my review does not draw from a reservoir of similar experience. I stayed one night in this beautiful establishment which is perched on a hill overlooking the town. It is a twenty minute walk from the town center, providing a rather calm atmosphere. It has a direct view of Mount Yufu, visible both from the restaurant and the baths.
I slept in a traditional tatami room with a window to an outdoor corridor. Though the view wasn't great, it did give an idea of the Japanese skill in creating intimate spaces; it was decorated with moss-covered stone sculptures such as a small lantern and what looked liked a bird bath. It created the illusion that this was a private, protected space just for my appreciation.
There are two public baths, one male and one female, and two private baths that all guests can use whenever available. Both public and private baths have outdoor and indoor facilities. I found the decoration around the baths beautiful and intimate.
The included dinner kaiseki was highly decorative and tasty. It includes sashimi, pickled vegetables, miso soup, beef that you grill yourself, etc. You can order a single glass of plum-based alcohol or tea included in the meal. It wasn't the tastiest meal I have tried in Japan, but it was highly tasteful, natural and balanced.
The breakfast the following morning was just lighter but just as tasteful. We tried each one of the private baths at dawn to see the sun rising. The hotel gave us a ride to Yufu station free of charge.
All in all, the experience was enlightening, relaxing and definitely worth it.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 20, 2016

I got the winner prize to rest at Yufuno Saigakukan. It ' s the ryokan hotel,(Japanese style). It's closely with Yufuin Mountain, very beautiful view. 2 types of onsen services; private and public onsen. The price is included with breakfast and dinner that very delicious. It's far 10 minutes from Yufuin village that you can walk and shop and you can enjoy with the lake.

Room tip: Mountain view.
Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank SudaLamwilaikasorn
Reviewed October 27, 2016

This ryokan is a bit away from the main area. It's cool to see all the streams of onsen steam from different facilities over the city. The ryokan is traditional setting and has a bunch of old things set out as decoration. The night we were there happened to have a kagura performance, in which the ryokan owner was part of a group that sang and danced some folk songs. We had a very early departure so the staff had some onigiri and sandwiches for us to take along. My room had toilet but no bath facility which was fine since I rarely use my own shower when there's onsen facility.

Date of stay: October 2016