Book now! This hotel is likely to sell out soon.
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Trip.com
$420
View deal
Hotels.com
Travelocity
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 16, 2017

On the upside Jinpuso is right near Amanohashidate, the thin sliver of land crossing Miyazu Bay. I spent one night here in April 2017 and didn't try the food (which I should have- there is literally nothing open in Amanohashidate at night other than ramen).

The building itself is fine if a little bit old. I generally do not like futons as I sleep on my side and find them overly hard. This ryokan had the best futon I've ever slept on- as good as any bed and totally comfortable.

The downside- the rooms are a bit old and in the coastal climate humid. I started feeling sneezy within minutes of entering the room and was just overtaken by allergies. I really don't think it was from outside as I had just spent 1.5 hours walking around at night. My guess is that while everything looks clean there is hidden mold in the walls or tatami. I took allergy medicine which made it possible to breathe but wouldn't volunteer to spend a second night here.

For what it's worth, the staff were friendly to me and chatted with me in Japanese about the area. I wasn't treated badly at all.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed September 22, 2016 via mobile

The area around this place is amazing and I can definitely recommend people to stay in this area. However, having stayed in many Japanese inns as a foreigner who speaks Japanese, I have to say this has been the worst. I was made to feel VERY unwelcome.
The food was very nice but the way it was served and the conversation I overheard beforehand took any amount of relaxation and good feeling away.
I have never had to write such a review before but I would not like others to be made the way I felt.
When I questioned some of the attitude I was answered with back talk. Probably not knowing my Japanese was fluent, they felt they could get away with this. However for Japan and a Japanese inn, their おもてなし heart was definitely lacking.
I certainly hope this was a one off occurrence for this place.
Very disappointing.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank 86heidiv
Reviewed June 26, 2016 via mobile

The place is close to the station, the personal is friendly, bathroom and shower was nice. Our main problem was the smell in the room which came from the pillows and sheets. When we complained about them they only changed the linen. Communication was problematic but it's still ok and the free wifi was nearly unusable since it was too slow.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 8, 2015

Location is extremely near JR. Cosy with only 8 rooms. All rooms face the sea. Really fantastic dinner with great hospitality and service. Has public onsen too. Value for money comparing with the more expensive hotel in the vicinity.

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Cherryblossomlover
Reviewed June 17, 2015

Although only two days here, I hoped we can return and enjoy the treasure known to very few as Ryokan in Amanohashidate. This diamond in the rough not only features traditional style everything but also has the most delicious breakfasts and all from local fare. Sadly we did not try the dinners as we were always out and about exploring and that of and in itself just more of the charm and attraction of our visit here.
As westerners, my son and I were the only we saw the entire time we visited, at that is comfortable in it's own right. You know you are in a traditional setting when nothing is in English.
Heads up for travelers using the Japan Rail Pass (be mindful of the route you take to get here as choosing the wrong route could cost you heavily as there is the Private Line versus the longer more scenic ride on JR).
One of the three "Most Scenic Places in Japan," as declared back in 1600's is the Miyazu Sandbar a natural divider between the bay and the ocean and a tremendous spiritual setting with the Temple of the Sun Goddess at one end of the Tango-Amanohashidate-Ōeyama Quasi-National Park. This is an easy and beautiful stroll or bike ride and during sunny days provides a most beautiful beach on the sea side. The black pine trees, some dating at least 400 years, line the walk and provide serene stops along the way.
We took the walk from Amanohashidate over the sandbar and continued all the way around through Miyazu which is approximately 18km and enjoyed the tremendously open and friendly local communities along the way. This is not recommended for those who do not take these distances normally, but it is recommended for those who wish to meet some of the nicest Japanese people on this planet.
We obviously looked unusual (both my son and I have Blonde Hair and Blue Eyes and were met with the smiles that seemed to inspire us all). The trip home to our Ryokan was welcomed by home dried green tea and time in the hot springs and followed by the next day with the most tremendous views of the area by visiting the Amanohashidate Park on one side or the cable car viewing area on the other. Tremendous times in an absolutely tremendously traditional area.
I almost don't wish to share all of this information as I treasure the area, the people, the Jinpuso and suggest that only the seriously culturally tolerant and accepting take my suggestion for Jinpuso.

Do not be a tourist here please.

Room tip: If you request a sea view you will be treated to tremendous views both at night and the day, the stars are in the millions on a clear night.
Date of stay: May 2015