See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

I have choose this Hotel as it is very close to kagoshima airport; with just about 12 mins drive time. The hotel is located in the centre of Kirishima city, where you can easily find lot of restaurants to fill up your stomach or shops for killing time.

Although the hotel has years of history, the facilities are well maintained. Especially the onsen is really kept in very good condition. I really appreciate the staff helping to clean the onsen. Every morning, when I use the onsen, I found it almost dry up, all the mirrors and floor have only a few water drop. That was really amazing. You can imagine there were hundred of users everyday, but they can still clean it up in high standard in just a few hours.

I would recommend if anyone like to book the hotel, please try to find room in the main building, where you can enjoy the onsen just right in the basement, instead of walking from the Annex which will take about 5 min.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2016

We stayed here 2 days for a business trip. The hotel is very nice. The standard rooms are small, about 200 square feet, but very clean. The bed is Japanese style on the harder side. The breakfast buffet was very good, with many western and Japanese choices and freshly cooked omelettes. The breakfast restaurant is in a side building, a little hard to find the first time, but then OK.
We did not use the gym or hot springs, but they are supposed to be very nice as well.
The hotel felt very safe during the 6.2 earthquake that happened at night ~ 50 miles away. It seemed to absorb the shock well, swayed for a little bit, and then settle down. There were two strong quakes in a row and no issues. In the morning we took a look at the massive columns that hold everything up and it made sense, it is really well built.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed March 26, 2016

Admittedly I did choose to stay in this hotel mostly for the building designed by the late Kurokawa, but it wasn't as bad as some on here had lead me to believe. Yes, the rooms are caught in a time warp of cane furniture, peach tones and brass fittings that would rival the set of the Golden Girls, but it has been maintained so well. The artificial plants and piped music in the corridors and lift lobbies were classic. From the outside it looks as though a UFO has landed.

In terms of being a hotel, the staff were excellent, everything was super efficient and I must recommend the Japanese restaurant.They tailored a 7-course banquet to meet my eating preferences at an incredible price and served it to me in my own private room. The cafe in the atrium is also good.

The one great disappointment was the buffet restaurant over the skybridge in the annex building. I hope the Japanese options at breakfast were good because the Western ones were awful. I've experienced better hospital cafeterias and the furniture was well past its use by date. This is the only reason i can't award 5/5. If staying here, I believe the atrium cafe might also do a light breakfast. Ask, because the buffet in the annex is to be avoided.

Room tip: Ask for a room in the main building, not the annex building.
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed February 13, 2016

Futuristic looking building with an mazing marriage chapel inside. Rooms however are nothing to write home about. OK, but nothing more.The contrast between the very modern building and the somewhat run down rooms is strong. Yet, a decent place to stay if you need to be in the area.

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed July 31, 2015 via mobile

Our group had three rooms. On arrival we were all impressed by the beautiful building. That is where any enjoyment abruptly stopped. The check in was laborious. The beds are not fit for prisoners. The bathrooms feel like a creepy old trailer. The food on the buffet was of the worst quality I've seen since my last Africa trip! To top this "lovely" experience off, we ask for a late check out (it's 11am-we asked for 1pm), he bowed and said he would charge us all a full day.
STAY ANYWHERE ELSE

Date of stay: August 2015
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank flyboy64
h-kyocera, 支配人 at Hotel Kyocera, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2015

Dear Sir or Madam

Thank you very much for your stay at Hotel Kyocera.
However, we could not give you satisfaction during your stay.
We are sorry about this matter.
Thank you for your severe opinion about our staff.

Best Regards.