All reviews japanese room hot springs steam body valley sulfur hill nature baths public dinner kagoshima onsen
Selected filters
Reviewed October 23, 2018

I only used the hot spring, which was 1,000 yen. Towel is included in the price. The inner bath was a bit old, and it looked like any other public baths, or even like a swimming pool. But the water was nice, with some sulfuric smell. The outer bath was much better. Although the sight was shadowed by the building itself, it felt really good to be in a warm water with somewhat chilly air outside. Two kinds of water are provided, one for opaque water, and the other for transparent one. Either one is good.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Go803781, WEB担当 at Kirishima Kokusai Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2018

Thank you for visiting our hotel for Onsen.
As you said, our facilities are not bland new. But it is well maintained.
We are proud of our quality of Onsen and would like to recommend to many people.
Even in this Kirishima Onsen area, There are many difference of the quality of Onsen.
We hope to welcoming you again.

Reviewed September 30, 2018

Beautifully situated on a hill of Kirishima-Onsenkyo, a famous hot-spring area in Kagoshima, the Kirishima Kokusai Hotel, the venue of our conference, provided an unforgettable experience of communion with nature. From the spacious room which blended Japanese and Western style, one wakes up with a view of the mountain, of natural steam from the hot springs and even a view of the majestic Sakurajima on a clear day. The hotel itself has a wide variety of hot spring baths both indoor and outdoor which truly provided a chance for the weary body to relax. The food selection for breakfast buffet was great, the bento lunches were tasty and the lavish dinner was both a treat to the eye and to the palate. Most significantly, it was the excellent service of the hotel staff which for me was the highlight of the stay. They were very mindful, respectful and understanding to accommodate our particular requests during the conference. Somehow, there was a synergy of the mountain, the hot springs and the mindfulness of the people that made our stay so memorable and which with pride makes me recommend this hotel to any one who wishes to have a communion with nature and to experience Traditional Japan at its best.

Date of stay: September 2018

Thank you very much for your stay and warm review.
Your review will helps many tourists who are thinking to stay our hotel.
We are always trying to do our best OMOTENASHI for our guests.
As you said, I believe the people who live in country side of Japan are really kind and warm.
We are glod to hear what you felt here and hope to welcoming you again.

Reviewed March 29, 2018

Was in Kagoshima prefecture on Kyushu island in Japan to see the Sakura bloom. 1st place was Kirishima and arrived at the Kirishima Kokusai Hotel in time for dinner. However, being in Japan, I had to go for my onsen 1st before dinner. The protocol is to put on your yuk status and head down to the bath for a very thorough rise. Full compliments of soap and body wash were provided. However towels were not and I had to head back to the room for them. There were both indoor and outdoor pools and I enjoyed both. One had to exhibit no inhibitions as you have to dip in your body suit. After the bath, I went for dinner in my yukata and dinner was Keisuke style.while not the best I have experienced, it was nonetheless a good enough dinner. After dinner, the Wife and I went for a walk around the town but it was already slow, given we were quite late. I then went to the onsen again. One is supposed to show courtesy by going to the onsen on 3 occasions in a single visit. Next morning, a visit to the onsen followed by breakfast. Choice at breakfast was good enough, with Japanese and western selection.
Forgot to mention we were in a Japanese room and the view from the balcony was nice with hot steam coming out from the hot springs.
All in all, I would think that Kirishima Kokusai offers good value for money given it is the Sakura peak season. I would not hesitate to recommend this place to anyone wanted a day or 2 when in Kirishima. Access to the sights in Kirishima is also not difficult as there are buses running from this location.

Room tip: Choose a room with view towards the sea although it is rather far away..
Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank passionfruitsin
霧国, WEB担当 at Kirishima Kokusai Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

Thank you very much for your stay and nice review.
It helps the tourists who are thinking to stay our hotel.

Hope to welcome you again here.

Reviewed March 29, 2018

Although the hotel is a little old and dated and could do with some refurbishment, I enjoyed staying here. The Japanese room I had was of quite a standard size though I wish it was a little bigger. The view of the valley from the hotel was good. I enjoyed the onsen bath especially the outdoor bath. The dinner and breakfast at the hotel restaurant were good too. The service of the hotel and restaurant staff was good.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you very much for your stay and reivew.
Hope to welcoming you again here.

Reviewed December 3, 2017

The first thing that caught our attention was the view from the hotel balcony:-the water vapour from a number of hot springs of the nearby small hotels made up a post-card view. A morning walking along the street near the hotel is also refreshing.

Room tip: choose one with city view
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
霧国, WEB担当 at Kirishima Kokusai Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2017

Thank you very much for your stay.
We are happy to know you enjoyed the view. Even japanese who have traveled a lot of onsen places are surprised at the view of water vapour. It is like a magic of nature and moving like animal or something.
We hope to let many foreiger know about it and they have chance to see this great view.
We look forward to welcoming you next chance.

Reservations