All reviews different kinds rest area nice hotel ten minutes family hotel free parking onsen hotel foot prince spring bath english airport kagoshima
Selected filters
Reviewed January 22, 2019

We stayed in the town of Maruo for a total of 4 nights with the first two spent in a luxurious and secluded ryokan called Komatsu (please see my other review) where we were being pampered every second we were there. With 2 full days of hiking during our last 2 days planned, we did not expect to stay in our room for long hours and booked Kanko instead for its cheaper price (and to rest our stomach from the feasts in Komatsu). Our expectations of the hotel were adjusted accordingly. The hotel is fairly old today but I could imagine it had seen its glorious days when even the crowned prince had once visited. Don't expect any personal service except a doorman/car park attendant(?) to greet you at the front door. There are different kinds of onsen some of which you could book for private use. The public bath at the top of the hotel is typical and it includes also this very typical mountain view through a fogged up big glass windows (I wonder when they can start designing some better windows!) If you are here due to its lower priced rooms, why not go all the way by looking up a few websites and compare (I used booking and japanican). In my case, I found that booking 2 singles were actually cheaper than booking a double and decided to go for the former.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2019

The room was small, especially the washroom was very very small and crowed. Thus, we did not take bath in the washroom. We took shower at the onsen instead. Although small, the room was very clean and tidy. The reception staff was very nice and polite and patient, who was able to speak a little bit English.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 6, 2019

It's conveniently located next to the Onsen market where you can buy onsen-steamed food. As my time was limited, I didn't have a change to enjoy the onsen-bath, but I did enjoy the natural hotspring foot bath. Breakfast was buffet style with a great variety of choice. But the tap water is full the the natural hotspring smell too, so it's not drinkable. They provide a Thermo Pot with drinkable water in it for you to consume.

Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

Recommend this hotel if you wanna enjoy natural onsen, surrounding area just silent and perfect for family.
Nice Japanese cuisine restaurant reasonable price could enjoy variety of sake.
My grandpa was delighted. Located in kirishima that is around 40mins drive from Kagoshima airport. And less than ten minutes drive from the kirishima jingu.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2018

convenience with car access
free parking
welcome tea and snack available upon check in
quiet hotel
lots of hot spring selection inside the hotel (such as hot spring for foot only :))
need to drive instead of walking if need to find convenience stores or restaurants

Date of stay: April 2018