“A wonderful and unforgettable cooking class on my birthday~~~”

Nara Cooking Class Hanezu
Ranked #1 of 1 Food & Drink in Ikoma
More attraction details
Owner description: I have open Japanese cookery school in my home for the people from all over the world!! If you would like the opportunity to learn home-style Japanese cooking in a real Japanese home, please come and join me!
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We took a cooking class in HANEZU on my birthday in September, 2013, it is a wonderful and unforgettable experience. Miyako San speaks fluent English and everything is well prepared and well organized. We made Tempura, Japanese egg custard and braised meat with vegetables, the food we made taste just as good as a the one in the restaurant, it's amazing.

The environment is very clean and stylish while the other side of the living room has a traditional Japanese tatami room.

The highlight of the day is definitely a birthday cake surprise arranged from my friend with Miyako San. I even received a birthday card from Miyako San and her sweet husband. They are such a sweet couples and really made a wonderful day of my birthday. I highly recommended to you and your friend to take this cooking class in Nara and spend the rest of the day in Nara Park to visit the deer. It is really a perfect arrangement for a holiday in Japan.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

We enjoyed our sushi cooking lesson with Miyako so much! She speaks good English and is so well organized and professional. It feels as she has thought through every little detail of the lesson. At first we were picked up from the train station, then greeted in a traditional tatami room and served green tea. The cooking itself felt so easy with this great teacher - very hands on - we were preparing everything by ourselves which was great. Also, we received a recipe with detailed instructions and pictures which will be so helpful for us at home. After eating our yummy sushi, we had a nice long chat with Miyako and her husband Masayuki discussing some Japanese traditions and lifestyle. We simply loved this experience.
Go for this cooking lesson - it is not only about cooking, you'll experience Japanese home and get to know much more about Japan!

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Today was so much fun - I would insist upon anyone who is stopping in Nara to visit Miyako for a cooking class!
My wife and I went (we're in our mid 20's) and had an awesome time. Everything was explained very well, it tasted amazing and we had some great conversation.
This is a must do!

Reviewed August 19, 2012

It was very pleasent to learn about the Japanese cusine in an ordinary japanese house. Miyako knows very good english and explained everything in a good fashion. We also learned a bit about japanese tradition. You feel very welcome.

1  Thank Michael G
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We found out about Miyakos cookery class in Nara by accident and we are very greatful for that! It was an amasing experience that spiced up our already exciting journey through Japan. Miyako had a couple of menues to choose from (presented together with pictures on her website) but she was very flexible about mixing it up a little. She was very structured in her preparation and explained thoroughly every step on the way, since japanese cuisine is so different from what we are used to at home. The result was delicious and we enjoyed it while having a 3h conversation with her and her husband at their home ;)

If you want to rest from all the temples and shrines and experience some everyday japanese life and enjoy home cooked japanese meal, than we warmly recommend japanese cookery class Hanezu!

2  Thank Joanna G