See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 3, 2018

The sunrise from this hot spring is the MUST! From the moment we arrived, the staff were so attentive. They escort you from the parking lot to the front. Even we arrived way before check in time, we were able to use the hot spring fully with plenty of towels. You can try various hotsprings with seaview they offer. The room was sparkling clean and new, even there was a modern shower cubicle, we didn't use it, Because of the great hotrprings!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed June 4, 2018

We traveled from Kyoto to Awaji, which turned out to be very easy with a couple of connections, and the hotel shuttle bus picked us up on the last leg from the bus terminal. The New Awaji Group has several properties connected and the guests have access to multiple onsens with views to the ocean. Breakfast was wonderful, (pick the Japanese option, it will keep you going for the whole day.)
The staff was very kind, friendly and helpful.

Room tip: If you rather sleep on beds, they do have them.
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2017

Well after 4 hours travel to arrive at Awaji Yumesenkei they have no food! I have never encountered a restaurant anywhere in the world that will not allow you to eat in any of the many restaurants on property. They said I did not make a previous reservation so I could not dine. I sent an email to my Japanese tour guide to conform this was the situation. Yes, I am correct. She spoke to the desk and they told her no food was ordered in advance so I could not dine. I may not eat! I can pay over $300 for a hotel room to sleep on the floor but I cannot dine. Do not come here!

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
5  Thank Too M
Reviewed July 29, 2015 via mobile

Staff were friendly. The facilities were good (onsen, pool, beach, fishing, restaurants, etc). Rooms were tatami and had a nice view. Chose not to eat the set meal and ate out. Overall it was good, but better for couples or young families, teenagers might run out of things to do.

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2015 via mobile

Went here for the weekend. The hospitality offered is top notch. As we reached the hotel area, as soon as the staff noticed us they went up to greet us at the hotel entrance and guide us to the lobby lounge for a personalized check-in(complete with welcome drink of course).

After a short tour of the hotel facilities, such as :

1. The hot springs (They have nice onsens, both outdoor and indoor. The outdoor one have a nice view overlooking the sea. For yumesenkei guests other new awaji hotel group's hot springs also available to be used for free)

2. Outdoor seating area overlooking the sea. Near the seating area there is a big fishing hole full of sea breams. (There is fishing equipment rental service, and if ones managed to catch any, the hotel chef will cooking and served it for you during dinner time for an extra charge)

3. Free? shuttle boat service with an atmosphere for guests, etc

We booked the club room with extra benefit of access to the "lounge" (better then a hotel lounge IMO it should be called exclusive resting space, the interior is homey and relaxing but definitely not worthy to be called a lounge, with no staff attending and self-service beverage such as water, coffee, and tea)

The room itself is very luxurious, japanese style with western bed. It is long and huge with cozy lazy sofa on the end facing to the sea(the view is stunning). The layout is a mix between western and japanese with the interior focused on the Japanese side. The bed is comfy and the pillows also excellent. They also provide sandalwood incense by the bed.

Nespresso machine with really generous varieties is also provided and powder table for ladies who needs it(basic skin care also available on the wash basin, shiseido brand if i am not mistaken). My first time seeing a powder table on Japanese style ryokan, the hotel must be paying special attention for ladies needs.

The bathroom amenities are hotel's original with sandalwood incense fragrance, really relaxing IMO.

The dinner is served on the restaurant floor with private rooms prepared per guests. The dinner is tasty, although quite lacking considering the price paid. They served Ise lobster sashimi, sea urchin, and sea bream for the tsukuri, trying to impress the guests i expect? (Although the ingredients is indeed luxurious, it lacks the sophisticated feel to kaiseki--which usually using available seasonal local ingredients that brings the "unique" feel of the local environment and flavor that changes with "time")

Japanese breakfast is served on the same room the following morning with so-so portion and doesn't have any wow factor. (As a piece of advice please notify the waiter the night before if you have any ingredients that you don't like so they can taylor the breakfast to your taste.)

Well, i am quite a fussy eater and hard to be impressed to be fair.

Overall, for the service(really polite staffs), facilities, room(really impressed with the room), and the food served i think it is fair to give the hotel 5 stars.

Will i come back again? I don't think so (As i am a fussy eater, and food served plays a big factor to me)

Date of stay: May 2015