See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 25, 2017 via mobile

Do not stay here. Tiny room. Smokey smell you can’t get rid of because the windows don’t open and ventilation is poor. Paper-thin walls so you can easily hear your next door neighbor. Epic fail other than breakfast, which included traditional Japanese as well as Western food.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2017

This is the 3rd time I have stayed here, the rooms are small but clean we were on business a group of 10 and its location and proximity to the railway make it ideal. We had dinner at the Japanese resturant downstairs which was very good. We caught the bullet train to Hiroshima the next morning

Date of stay: February 2017
Reviewed December 5, 2016

If you must stay in the area, then this is one of the few hotels. Otherwise, don't. The air is very terrible and makes you immediately go to sleep. The rooms remind me of a military barrack. The breakfast, just passible.

Date of stay: December 2016
Reviewed April 3, 2015

I stayed here for 9 nights at the end of a 27-day business/training trip in Europe and Asia. The room is a bit roomier than most Japanese singles, but small. No drawers, but a deep shelf at the top of the hanging shelf rod (it's not really a closet). My three gages are Quiet, Clean and Dark. It is pretty quiet, given the proximity to the Nishi-Askashi JR station. (subject to notes, below) Given the apparent age of this property, I guess it's clean enough, but not as clean as I'd like. Mold in the window frame is a bit troubling. Room darkening shades are effective at night, but if you need a midday nap to adjust to the time, plan to wear eyeshades.

There is an Air Con dial on the bed console, but it is only adding heat. I need a little fresh air. The room is a bit 'close.' Hot. Stuffy. It's only 55 degrees F out, but the room is quite warm.

Pluses include the hot pot, trouser press at the end of the hall and in-room fridge. Alarm clock, phone wake up service were quite convenient.

This location attracts a lot of short-term visitors, due to proximity to main JR station (NishiAkashi), so there was a lot of slammed doors and coming and going in the halls late at night. Excited kids, I gather. Walls are thin, so be advised. Yes, your neighbors can hear you. 5 tv stations. 10 or 12 stations, but 5 that come in. Mostly game shows. No CNN.

Manage your expectations and you will not be disappointed. It's 7000 yen/night, about $58 US, current exchange rate.

Room tip: There is a 'train track' side and a 'non-train track' side. I was on the non-train track side and only my neighbors disturbed me.
Date of stay: March 2015
1  Thank GlassHalfFull13
Reviewed January 5, 2015

I stayed at the Castle Plaza Hotel in November for 4 nights. I was not expecting much but was pleasantly surprised.
Check in (and out) was the quickest I've had in a Japanese hotel. Very easy. The lobby was roomy and tidy. Staff efficient and friendly.
The room was really small. I certainly wouldn't want to be spending much time there as it was too small to do anything other than sleep in. Not even enough room to leave my small suitcase on the floor. Cleanliness okay, but could have been cleaner.
But for a business traveller needing accommodation for a few nights it is fine. The breakfast was more than adequate. Not a huge selection, but everything was nicely cooked and tasty.
Also a bonus was having the bullet train track below my window. Not at all noisy, but great to watch shoot through.
Lastly the price. I don't know how anyone could complain about this hotel when it is so cheap.
There is not much night life in Nishi-Akashi, but it is only half an hour to be in Kobe if you need the bright lights.
Bottom line, don't expect too much and you should be happy with this unassuming hotel.

Room tip: If you want a slightly larger room ask for one at the end of the corridor rather than between other rooms-you'll get a few more centimetres of space!
Date of stay: November 2014