See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 27, 2015 via mobile

I was trying to book the Waso Experience and these people have disappointed me greatly. They told me that they had slots for the 10th of April, and even confirmed me. When subsequently I asked about other details, they suddenly told me I don't have a booking because someone else booked the slot when I was asking about dates available.

Then why confirm me!

And if I didn't ask again for more details I wouldn't even know that I had no booking!

Seriously irresponsible way of dealing with customers.

Stayed: March 2015, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 30, 2014

We had a lot of trouble finding this ryokan, even the taxi driver did not know where it was. We had not mastered the different train companys and train lines. We also arrived in a heatwave. Once we knew our way around things improved. Also we found it hard to get used to having to leave in the morning at 9am and not return until the evening. The room was nice (air-conditioned) but it was hot in the rest of the ryokan and the shared toilet was a bit smelly. Service was good.

Room Tip: Perhaps you should see if there are rooms with their own facilities.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tia H
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Nice owner, she likes to give you information and advice such as where are nice places to go, things to do, ...
Comfortable bed
Common showers and toilet (toilet was clean but there was a lingering smell somehow)
A bit of a family atmosphere. I also talked to the grandchildren in English (for their learning) which was fun.
Curfew 11pm and gotta leave by 10. But I wanted to be out and about by then anyway so I had no worries.
The owner was in when I arrived early and she let me check-in early. And she gave me some cold tea when I came home.
Amagasaki is a nice area with very friendly people!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Nick R
Reviewed April 9, 2014

This place is very clean and tidy. Its is also fairly cheap. Its about a 1 min walk from train station. Staff is very nice but very little english.

However, something was a bit of a problem for me and my gf is the 11pm curfew. Also, you cannot be in the house from 10am to 4pm... There is one day my gf was not feeling well but cannot stay in just to rest.

I am 6 feet tall and I've hit my head twice... both when I just woke up and not too aware of my surroundings. I would suggest staying there for 2 days or so to get experience, We stayed there for 8 nights and feel its too much. Every night we have to try and rush back... Since the guy on night shift doesn't speak much english, I can't even call to tell him I maybe late past 11pm.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2013

20 minutes from umeda station makes this difficult to recommend this hotel. It's tucked away in a corner of a suburban street and it's tight to fit in the door! don't get me wrong, the place itself is an authentic japanese experience, neat enough, but check in is after 5 and check out is before 9, I wouldn't consider this fair. for anyone who is in the Osaka area for a short period of time, don't bother about this one, it's worth paying a few yen more to secure something within tourist areas and the place itself is chiefly occupied by domestic tourists

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family