“Nirvana in the Back Yard”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Newly upgraded bathroom in Gaviota
Guests enjoying a BBQ we had for a birthday
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
patmurph
Tennessee
“Nirvana in the Back Yard”
Reviewed March 27, 2018 for a stay in March 2018

Yay! We have found our home-away-from-home in Coronado, as we made our way to Panama City for our annual return to Tennessee in March--with our Black Lab Caesar (who is good in every way). I can't quite explain how welcoming, laid back and comfortable this small gem is. Although there are many things to do in the area, we never wanted to leave this lovely space on the planet. The casitas are nicely equipped for a very comfortable, home-like stay. The back yard has a wonderful pool with waterfall, and many diverse little seating nooks and hammocks so that you can be as social or as alone as you like. The walk to the beach (10 minutes) in the morning and evening was also a highlight. Caesar gave that the big paws up he loves to swim in the ocean! Thank you so much Sarah and Scotty - you are the consummate hosts who take care of your guests beautifully. We'll be back every year. P.S. We have lived in Panama in (U.S) winters for 10 years, and it always amazes me to walk on a Pacific Ocean beach on a weekday and not encounter another person. It's magical, and Cozy Casita is our new spot in Coronado to have this downright soul-nourishing experience.

lshell74
Maple Ridge, Canada
“Great vacation”
Reviewed February 19, 2018 for a stay in February 2018

When we finally got to our destination were we would be staying for a week.
Sarah and Scotty welcomed us and made us feel welcome from the start.
We had a great time with the guest and with Sarah and Scotty hanging out by the pool having BBQ and having movie night outside around the pool.
The people in Panama very friendly and helpful.

Mary T
“Sarah and Scotty are great hosts!”
Reviewed February 1, 2018 for a stay in January 2018

This is a great spot to relax and enjoy your holiday. The yard has all the comfort you need - a pool, hammocks, ping pong table, lounge chairs, BBQ and sunshine :) When you tire of the yard the beach or golf course are only 8 minutes walk.

Sarah is very good at arranging any transportation you need to get there and at helping you find your way around the area.

Rooms have all the comforts of home and are very clean.

Highly recommended.

Your age range 50-64
sscram
United States
“Mr”
Reviewed January 30, 2018 for a stay in January 2018

Sarah is a super hostess who strives to make you feel relaxed and at home. Had a wonderful time at her property. The pool area along with new ping pong table were the center for socializing with other guests. Meet some great people there.

MikeNPat5...
Comox Valley, Canada
“Thumbs Up!”
Reviewed December 27, 2017 for a stay in December 2017

Sarah’s Casita’s and grounds are very adequate for a couple, with a well appointed kitchenette, providing a fridge, stove, microwave, coffee maker, kettle, toaster and enough pots and pans to prepare most meals.
The highlight of the property is the beautiful backyard and pool area. Great place to wind down after a day exploring the area.
Sarah was the perfect host, helping with Airport pickup, car rental contacts and even helped with Pickleball and Bootcamp contacts with the local Expat Community.
The Casita’s are a short 10 -15 min walk to the very private beach, local grocery stores and restaurants. Still recommend a car though to get around and explore the best Coronado and Panama have to offer.
The neighbourhood restaurant and pub- Picasco’s offers, weekly happy hours and music nights that are worth dropping in for.
The added bonus of Sarah having a membership at the Blue Bay Resort and Golf Course was very nice as her guests have an extended partial membership to utilize the facilities, pool and golf course.
All in all, a great stay and we would, definitely recommend staying with Panama Sarah.

Your age range 50-64
kadak660
Juneau, Alaska
“Best home base in Coronado”
Reviewed December 3, 2017 for a stay in November 2017

After problems with our original booking, we contacted Sarah who immediately recognized our desperate situation and got us booked into her place. Sarah's casita's are comfortable, well equipped and she has provided everything possible to enhance one's stay. After a day of exploring the area the well maintained pool is a great place to cool off. Sarah's knowledge about the area and Panama in general, her readiness to share her experience as well as her many good contacts were invaluable. If and when we get back to Panama, we will not even think about looking for another place to stay. Thanks Sarah.

pennpatka...
Claymont, Delaware
“Felt like home, only prettier!”
Reviewed November 18, 2017 for a stay in November 2017

I recently stayed for 5 days in Sarah's Casitas - Casa Tortuga (after staying 10 days at the Solarium). Wow! what a beautifully decorated room and yard! The whole place felt so peaceful and welcoming. The casita itself was clean, comfortable and functional, with a well-equipped kitchen and everything you could possibly need. Paul and Melea, the caretakers, were fantastic and so helpful. Melea even picked me up from the Solarium where I had been staying and helped me move into the Casitas. We also did pool exercise/yoga together twice during my stay. As a solo traveler, I was a bit worried I would be alone the whole time. Not so. I met many wonderful people at the pool/yard, on several wonderful excursions with Coronado Concierge (El Valle, Jungleland and Panama City), and at Picasso's Happy Hour on Wednesday nights. I also felt very safe walking around the town and beach alone, even at night. Walking on the beach was another highlight - several times I had the entire beach to myself! The ocean ranged from very calm to somewhat rough, but there was always the option of a swimming pool when I did not feel comfortable going in the ocean. The pool at the Casitas is beautiful, clean and peaceful and I spent quite a few hours just sitting in the yard, reading my book, listening to the waves crashing a few blocks away. I even had a visit from an iguana! Sarah was very helpful prior to my visit and Paul and Melea took care of any minor issues promptly. Johanny drove me to and from the airport and was fantastic (set up in advance with Sarah), with loads of suggestions for things to do and see. She also had reliable taxi drivers available for short trips around town - I messaged her through What's App and the taxis arrived in a timely manner and knew where I wanted to go. Recommended restaurants include Lunarosa, Picasso, Don Sual Fonda (on the highway), and Nazca 21 (in the El Machetazo shopping center). All in all, a great visit!

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing