“Best home base in Coronado”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Newly upgraded bathroom in Gaviota
Guests enjoying a BBQ we had for a birthday
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
kadak660
Juneau, Alaska
“Best home base in Coronado”
Reviewed December 3, 2017 for a stay in November 2017

After problems with our original booking, we contacted Sarah who immediately recognized our desperate situation and got us booked into her place. Sarah's casita's are comfortable, well equipped and she has provided everything possible to enhance one's stay. After a day of exploring the area the well maintained pool is a great place to cool off. Sarah's knowledge about the area and Panama in general, her readiness to share her experience as well as her many good contacts were invaluable. If and when we get back to Panama, we will not even think about looking for another place to stay. Thanks Sarah.

pennpatka...
Claymont, Delaware
“Felt like home, only prettier!”
Reviewed November 18, 2017 for a stay in November 2017

I recently stayed for 5 days in Sarah's Casitas - Casa Tortuga (after staying 10 days at the Solarium). Wow! what a beautifully decorated room and yard! The whole place felt so peaceful and welcoming. The casita itself was clean, comfortable and functional, with a well-equipped kitchen and everything you could possibly need. Paul and Melea, the caretakers, were fantastic and so helpful. Melea even picked me up from the Solarium where I had been staying and helped me move into the Casitas. We also did pool exercise/yoga together twice during my stay. As a solo traveler, I was a bit worried I would be alone the whole time. Not so. I met many wonderful people at the pool/yard, on several wonderful excursions with Coronado Concierge (El Valle, Jungleland and Panama City), and at Picasso's Happy Hour on Wednesday nights. I also felt very safe walking around the town and beach alone, even at night. Walking on the beach was another highlight - several times I had the entire beach to myself! The ocean ranged from very calm to somewhat rough, but there was always the option of a swimming pool when I did not feel comfortable going in the ocean. The pool at the Casitas is beautiful, clean and peaceful and I spent quite a few hours just sitting in the yard, reading my book, listening to the waves crashing a few blocks away. I even had a visit from an iguana! Sarah was very helpful prior to my visit and Paul and Melea took care of any minor issues promptly. Johanny drove me to and from the airport and was fantastic (set up in advance with Sarah), with loads of suggestions for things to do and see. She also had reliable taxi drivers available for short trips around town - I messaged her through What's App and the taxis arrived in a timely manner and knew where I wanted to go. Recommended restaurants include Lunarosa, Picasso, Don Sual Fonda (on the highway), and Nazca 21 (in the El Machetazo shopping center). All in all, a great visit!

Karen D
Fairfax, VA
“Private casita with awesome pool and also very close to the beach”
Reviewed November 10, 2017 for a stay in November 2017

The casita was slightly dated but it had everything we needed: fully equiped kitchen, bathroom/shower, hall closet and drawers so we could unpack and make ourselves at home. The kingsize bedroom had a separate A/C so we could make ourselves comfortable whenever necessary. The absolute best part was the pool. So clean and warm in an absolutely lovely setting where you hang out with the other guests. Wish we were still there.

The hosts, Paul and Malea, were super friendly and helpful. Within minutes, they helped us book a rental car with "Rob" who delivered the car to our front door. Only $30 per day with unlimited miles and insurance included. We had a reserved parking spot right in front of our little casita. We went exploring every day. Gas was cheap!

The Coronado beach is very plain and not commercialized but the beach and ocean are so very nice. You need to take your own chairs and umbrellas. Fortunately Sarah has plenty of beach equipment available for the guests to borrow and take to the beach. Even coolers and surf boards.

For day trips we went to El Valle, Playa Blanca and Playa Corona and our favorite: Santa Clara. There you can rent tables/chairs/umbrellas for a very small fee and more importantly there are some wonderful restaurants right on the beach. We liked hanging out at Tortugas Beach Bar and Grill. Their seafood was cheap and simply delicious. Also 2 for $10 marguaritas and mojitos, etc. The ocean was actually WARM. White sandy beach. Definitely go to Santa Clara if you have a car. It's only 30 km from Coronado. Only drawback was all the stray dogs roaming the beach.

For meals, try Luna Rossa for authentic Italian food. Their sea bass was awesome. The Don Chacho restaurant has delicious steaks served on an iron skillet to keep it hot. Go to the Sandbar on Sunday to watch the NFL games on RedZone. Yup, they have the RedZone channel. We also went to Picasso's one night and they had a really good band (Zodiac) that made everyone want to get up and dance. We also went to Karaoke night at the Tiki Bar at Bahia in Gorgona. What a fun night! On rt. 1 we found the Big Lobster which was also good.

At first glance it looks like there is not much to do in Coronado but once you learn your way around, you will find a lot of things to do. I can't wait to go back, and I highly recommend Panama Sarah's casitas.

Your age range 50-64
laullopis
Panama City, Panama
“Great little casitas!!”
Reviewed July 3, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Ww loved it! Perfect for couples and pet owners!
Lovely pool and bbq area!
The room is comfy and cool!
We have been there 2 times and planning to come back !

David L
“Perfect Home Base”
Reviewed May 14, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Panama Sarah has a lovely refuge, beautiful and peaceful - it's a great base for any Panama adventures you have in mind. And Sarah is a phenomenal resource - she knows pretty everything you could think to ask. You can't go wrong staying here.

Candus S
Evanston, Illinois
“Loved this property!”
Reviewed April 18, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

My son and I rented the house for 3 nights (the casitas were already booked). We absolutely loved it - the vibe is awesome, the house was clean and comfortable, the pool was delightful, and meeting the other guests was the highlight. Thank you Panama Sarah!

Your age range 50-64
Brian S
“"Talk about going above and beyond, panama Sarah walks the extra mile for her guests".”
Reviewed April 18, 2017 for a stay in January 2017

Panama was a last minute trip for me and during high season this can mean disaster when looking for great accommodation that doesn't break the bank.
Sarah went above and beyond to help me and accommodate me even though she was stretched super thin and under huge pressure with a full house of guests and their needs.
Sarah's friendly and calm demeanour are a great asset to the tired and stressed travellers whom are sure to find their little piece of paradise when staying at one of Sarah's breathtaking accommodations.
I highly recommend anybody from any walk of life to utilize Sarah's expertise when travelling and staying in Panama.
I for one will definitely return.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing