“Perfect Holiday Spot”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Newly upgraded bathroom in Gaviota
Guests enjoying a BBQ we had for a birthday
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

mep1981
Sayre, Oklahoma
“Perfect Holiday Spot”
Reviewed December 19, 2016 for a stay in November 2016

My husband and 8-year-old daughter arrived at Sarah’s Casita in Playa Coronado on November 1st for a month long adventure. We were pleasantly surprised right away with what we found. We stayed in the main house. It was perfect and so much more than we hoped for. We had read previous reviews of some renovations that were complete on the house when we arrived. With the renovations, there was a brand new beautiful bathroom and new kitchen tile. There were some potholes in the road from previous reviews that seem to be repaired as well.

Sarah was attentive but not intrusive, a wealth of information about the area and helped us meet people and find everything we needed. When Sarah was out of town, she had a friend coming by to check on things and plenty of people to call in case we needed anything. We were in Coronado long enough to make friends and experience the culture of the quiet town. We have traveled Central America extensively and found the Coronado expat community to be open and inviting, and the local Panamanian people delightful.

We needed to work remotely and handle school for our daughter, and the Wi-Fi was fast and reliable. We rented a golf cart from Sarah, and I’m glad we did. The beach, a small mini-market, and a few restaurants are easily walkable, but the big grocery stores and other stores and restaurants on the highway are too far to walk. There are also shuttle buses and taxis available for super cheap. We rented a car for our out of town trips. Sarah provides a book with info on all the amenities in town, with numbers for local drivers, etc. It is very helpful.

Over the month we traveled throughout the area visiting several beaches and historic and cultural sites on both the Pacific and Caribbean coasts. Playa Coronado was a perfect jumping off point for our excursions.

When we weren’t traveling, the amenities at the Casita were ideal, whether for relaxing in the hammocks or playing in the pool. The pool area is beautiful, with the waterfall and surrounding gardens. There are several outdoor seating areas. The kitchen was well stocked enough for us to be able to cook a majority of our meals. We also used the barbeque grill on many occasions. We enjoyed meeting other guests throughout the month.

My parents stayed for a week in Casita Tortuga, and it was wonderful as well. Very cute, newly renovated. It was a perfect spot for a couple, with plenty of space for a longer term stay.

One of our traveling rules is that we don't return to the same place twice. Playa Coronado has changed my mind. I can certainly see us returning, and when we do, I’m sure we will stay at Panama Sarah’s Casitas.

Dec 24, 2016
Thank you so much for your lovely review. It was a huge pleasure having you 3 here. Your daughter is so cute and polite.. already a well traveled 8 year old and it showed. To see you all integrate with the community (expats and Panamanians alike) was heartwarming and your daughter now has some great Panamanian friends! I thoroughly enjoyed the week I spent with you at the house and enjoying great conversations. I'm so happy to hear you will be back.. we are here waiting for you! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all! Sarah
Teresa K
Boston, Massachusetts
“A little piece of paradise and a friendly host”
Reviewed November 28, 2016 for a stay in November 2016

I highly recommend staying in Sarah's casita. The grounds are lovely and the pool is gorgeous. There are seats built into the pool with a little table in between with an umbrella for shade. There's also a waterfall in the pool and beautiful landscaping all around. The beach is very close and absolutely beautiful. It's not crowded and the black sand is amazing. The casita I stayed in had beautiful decor and everything I could want, including a full kitchen and bath with a great shower. I really appreciated that the wifi was very fast and reliable as I work remotely and needed to be in touch with clients. Sarah was amazingly friendly and accommodating. She introduced me to her friends and I had a great time at the local happy hour. She has a guide book in the room and the excursions and restaurants she recommended were awesome. Sarah even found longer-term, larger accommodations for me to come back to Coronado (this time for a month) with my children. Enjoy!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: friendly introduction to the area and guide book
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Nov 29, 2016
Thank you Teresa! It was my pleasure entirely and you were awesome to work with. I'm glad you had such a good time, and now we get to see you and your family for a month! I really appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience at my home and casita. Cheers!! Sarah
MarkAThom...
Panama City, Panama
“Quiet, Relaxed and Fun - An hour from the city.”
Reviewed November 8, 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Sarah's place was excellent and Sarah is very good at what she does, very relaxed and is a wonderful host. The place was exactly as she described it and although a little difficult to find; her directions were spot on. I really had a great time and saw Panama from a different perspective, having lived in the city for almost 2 years. I would stay again, no hesitation and recommend Sarah's hospitality.

Liked best: Relaxing Ambience - Great Location - Lovely Grounds - Pet Friendly
Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
Nov 16, 2016
Thank you so much, was lovely to meet you both and you were excellente guests!! Cheers, Panama Sarah
A TripAdvisor Member
Bulverde, TX
“Nice place in an excellent location”
Reviewed October 24, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

Sarah's place was an oasis within a wonderful neighborhood in and of itself. Coronado offered activities for both my wife and I, and I can't think of a nicer place to start and finish the day. Great pool and outdoor area, comfortable lodging, and an added benefit of meeting a nice host.

Oct 25, 2016
Thanks so much for taking the time to review Panama Sarah's casitas. Was indeed a huge pleasure to meet you both, I enjoyed our lengthy conversations, and I hope you will return to stay longer. Happy Travels, see you soon! Sarah
c130rioki...
Miramar Beach, Florida
“Superb accommodations and hospitality !!”
Reviewed October 14, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

SIMPLY INCREDIBLE! The quick 3 day trip far exceeded my expectations for making me feel comfortable in a strange land!
Panama Sarah has super energy and is 110% devoted to making your entire trip to Panama a great memorable experience. You can have her driver Pedro meet you at the airport and drive you to her hideaway in Coronado. Pedro is fluent in English and enjoys answering all your questions during the ride to Panama Sarah's Casita's. The Casita's she has are very well planned and thought out providing everything to make your visit comfortable. The atmosphere is open where there are many sitting areas near and around the pool inviting guests to mingle and share experiences and information about new adventures. The atmosphere is VERY relaxing! Sarah even took me to a happy hours at the local watering hole where like people meet, eat and mingle. This was great! I met a couple that I still stay in touch with. My first Panama experience was a huge hit and success and planning to go back in 2 months I enjoyed it so much! Highly recommend this accommodation and Panama Sarah as a true customer service professional!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Panama Sarah goes well above and beyond to make sure a great and comfortable stay
Liked least: I had to leave early
Traveling group: Solo
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
Oct 16, 2016
Thank you so much for your review! It was indeed as much of a pleasure hosting you, Happy Hour was fun and we enjoyed our lengthy conversations about travel! . Thank you for being such a great guest, and we'll see you again in January!

Warmest regards, Sarah
aasipe
Fort Myers, Florida
“Lovely Casita”
Reviewed August 13, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Lovely property and great location in Coronado. Clean casita and well equipped kitchen. Sarah was away while we were there. Her housekeeper lives on the property and was very welcoming. I could tell from the info book in our casita and books and magazines around the property that Sarah really wants her guests to feel comfortable visiting Panama and to have a fabulous experience. Remember you are in Panama and go with the flow. While staying here we experienced the electricity going out for a number of hours, it was out all over the neighborhood and the water pressure dropped when more guests checked in all at once. The pool is a great gathering spot for all guests to mix , share stories and laugh. The garden is a beautiful, peaceful place to chillout in a hammock with a book. Keep a eye out for the hummingbirds!

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Travelbou...
Rotonda West, Florida
“Major letdown. Not as advertised!”
Reviewed July 24, 2016 for a stay in January 2016
people found this review helpful

We booked with Sarah for a 6 week stay. We left 9 days early. Very small Casitas that are ill equipped. Looks like everything was bought at garage sales, nothing matches. Oven didn't work and did not have a thermostat dial. Coffee maker leaked, they brought an even older one that worked. No safe upon arrival, put one in 4 days later. Pool was not functioning do to painting it for 3 days. Outdoor shower didn't work, eventually fixed. All outside furniture was filthy and some chairs broken. Had construction for 3 weeks to accommodate grounds manager. Sarah and her coworkers would smoke and drink from glass containers within the pool. Groundskeepers would weed eat lawn and throw the clippings from machine into pool while we were swimming. Short, easy walk to beach? Not so. Very rough unpaved roads to navigate with garbage and urine smell along the way. You must watch where you step to avoid twisting your ankle. My wife was coughing for the first 3 nights when sleeping. Took apart the air conditioner and the filters were caked with dust. After cleaning them, she was fine. Sarah never showed any concern. This place is overpriced for what you don't get. You can stay at a condo in the Coronado Bay towers or in Gargona for less and have all the amenities. We picked this place because of the positive reviews. No privacy. Sleeping at night is a challenge due to all the dogs barking throughout the night. Spend your hard earned money elsewhere. We had a continual flow of ants and other creepy crawly things. Your wife will not be happy with these accommodations.

Liked best: Leaving
Liked least: Lack of compassion for the guests.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing