All reviews beach club panama city the black sand beach golf resort recommend this resort hole golf course beautiful grounds english golfers challenge weekends valuables drawback carnival transport canada
Selected filters
Reviewed December 12, 2018

Loved the people here as well as the food & grounds but the only gave it a 4 because the beach didn't look so great when we went. Did have fun messing around at the pool (see photo below) & played some tennis. rooms pretty big too

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2018 via mobile

The thatch at the beach's main hut is falling, rotting and other parts are just plain missing. There was rotting mangoes on the floor and the grounds were in need of serious maintenance. The seats at beach house and on the shuttle were ripped. There were leafs in the pool and the staff was less than helpful.

The whole experience was awful. I wished I had looked at individual reviews instead of just trustibg the rating before making my reservation. It would have spared me a bad experience.

I don't recommend you stay at this venue. All-inclusive resorts offer a better experience for the same cost.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

I've sent several emails for weeks and absolutely no one has responded. I have concerns when they advertise their contact information but no one responds after several attempts. I even reached out in their FB page. I have not called because I don't have an overseas calling plan.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2018

My wife and I just returned from seven nights at this resort, and enjoyed a very pleasurable stay. Salvador Sanchez has dedicated himself and his staff toward being attentive to the various needs of his guests since taking over as manager less than three months ago. Salvador is a seasoned professional having managed resorts in Mexico and other countries before taking on this responsibility. He is accessible and very knowledgeable and one can easily observe that he is determined to get his staff on the same page and he is doing an admirable job. The resort is clean, the staff is friendly and the food is good. The booze is not bad either. My wife and I did an RCI exchange (we've been active owners for 20 years) and did an 'all inclusive' (which was a bargain to say the least)! We highly recommend this resort. If you want to get away to a peaceful place for a week this is it! They play light tropical music and if it gets too loud the staff will tone it down! What more can you ask for? We travel a great deal every year and really enjoyed this past week!

Date of stay: May 2018
1  Thank ghostbeliever1950
Reviewed April 23, 2018

Our familly with a couple of friends spent almost 2 weeks at Blue Baye hostel. We were looking at quiet place, and so we were quite happy on this matter. The hostel is far away from Coronado which is not the most dynamic location. I would not recommend this place for people expecting for animations and nights out. Otherwise, the hostel is quite nice with wonderful swimmingpool and classy golf. The bedrooms are correct, commodious and clean, a bit old fashion. HOWEVER, I must say that the service was AWFUL ! We tried to find several excuses to the staff : We were out period after the carnival, management and commercial strategy had changed recently, Panama is a country recently opened to the public… BUT, the above argue and the smile of few waiters do not compensate the lack of considerations. We were in all-inclusive, paid for eating buffet, drinking or snacking what was on the menu. Because we were few tourists in all-inclusive during the week, we did not have buffet but repetitive plates from menu for 2 weeks. We had to insist for days to have hamburgers or pasta available on room services card. When we ordered plates or drinks on the menu, we did never receive what we ordered. (Eg: I ordered Pork with Aspergus and received fish with French Frits…) The time for restauration was very long, up to 2 hours without dessert and the plates was served offbeat. We made a lot of effort to speak Spanish, ask for the meals with smiles and check several times with staff the ordering but we could not have one lunch or diner without issue. My friend had to order fruit punches for 2 weeks because she does drink alcohol and the staff did not want to serve pineapple juices or lemonade on the menu, pretexting that it was not available. However, pineapple and lemon were available for breakfast and dessert. At the end of stay, she saw another tourist with pineapple juice and she finally drink ones. We stayed very respectful but we could see a relevant difference in the services between from Monday to Thursday and from Friday to Sunday. During the weekend, the hostel is opened to Panamanian people and American golfers. The snack and the buffet are opened and they can order whatever they want. There was a particular craze before the weekend when the staff cleaned the pool and the deckchairs completely before we left the place. That night, the pool was green and our legs too. the next day the pool was very clean for the golfers. I do not understand the difference of consideration for the clientele, I feel it very unfair and not respectful… I could excuse for the lack of toilet paper, the lack of clean towels or hot water but my patience was shaken when I asked 6 times to the receptionist for the departure time at the airport. We complained to the director twice in Spanish and English. When we spoke to him, it was clear that it does not care…. By chance, we planned our trip there are 2 months and scheduled excursions every 2 days with a very cautious, pleasant and experienced guide. Because of him, we could discover a wonderful country out of the hostel. I used to travel worldwide and I never posted such message. I can see on the website that several people were very disappointed by the hostel and I am still surprised that it is still noted with 3-4 stars…

Date of stay: April 2018