“Pretty Good.”
Review of Don Chacho Grill

Don Chacho Grill
Cuisines: Latin
Description: I could not find any reviews for any restaurants at Coronado Beach Panama, This area has many restaurants and more being built as the area is growing. This is also a tourist area and Coronado Beach is on the travel forum. I could not right an address as I could not find one but it is on the main road going into Coronado Beach. Thanks
Reviewed February 9, 2012

This restaurant is pretty good, but it's a little overpriced in my opinion. There are better restaurants in the area (see my review of Cholo's).
It's the best for grilled meats, and a nice bottle of wine.
We got the meat platter and it came out on a grill and it was awesome ( see uploaded picture ). If you like meat, this is the place to go in the area. It was always nice and busy which is a good sign.

Reviewed February 4, 2012

We have visited Don Chacho's many times over the year. For the past several visits - inconsistent is the word that comes to mind. Sometimes the 'ensalada griega' is excellent - sometimes it appears they ran out of ingredients and used what they had left (even with several grocery stores up the road). We love the roasted chicken - but coming in at dinner time (6ish) several times we have been told - not ready yet maybe in an hour. I can appreciate the effort to keep it freshly cooked - however could the chef not plan this better? Same with chicken kebabs - tasty, moist and portioned well - other times small, fatty pieces and only one vegie (tomatoes?) The other night it was the fried fish- small and expensive - and then being overcharged compared to the menu price. Anyways - hit and miss. May be time to cross this one off the list.....

Reviewed January 31, 2012

We decided to try Don Chacho's despite all the negative feedback....should have followed my gut! I ordered the half wood-fire chicken and a side salad. The chicken was cold and tasted boiled. There was no indication either by taste or by looking at the chicken that is was cooked wood-fire. I must have got the day old chicken as suggested by Richard in a previous review. My salad was basically an onion salad with shredded carrots and a little drizzle of dressing. Others in my party ordered ribs and shrimp. Best part of Don Chaco's is their lemonade and the Gipsy Kings playing in the background!! You are better off to buy chicken ( 6 boneless/skinless breasts under 6.00) at El Rey and bbq is for much more flavour. I would not return nor would I recommend Don chaco's.

1  Thank bergdorfblond
Reviewed January 10, 2012

Order took over an hour to be served!. Chicken nuggets were served FROZEN, yes FROZEN!. They didnt even noticed they were uncooked!. Shrimps were horrible!. NO SERVICE at all, we were treated as third class citizens. The first 20 minutes not even the drinks were served. NIGHTMARE!.

2  Thank BetoGra
Reviewed January 7, 2012

Nice, affordable, family-style restaurant. Huge portions of chicken, ribs, etc. cooked on the humongous wood-fired grill.

1  Thank gruffman