“Enjoyed the food as much as the atmosphere!”

Cholo's Comidas Mexicana
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 17, 2012

My friends and I visited Cholo's twice during our visit to the Gorgona/Coronado region. We would have been there more often, but the restaurant was only open Thursday-Sunday during the 2 weeks we were there. The food was great. I had a chicken burrito for the 1st visit and an assortment of tacos the 2nd and very much enjoyed each. Both my buddies claimed the burritos they had were the best they had ever tasted (and they are the size of a small aircraft!) The atmosphere, from the owner and his staff to the music and the attached surf shop, had what I imagine to be a very California-esque vibe. Definitely THE place to stop if you wanna talk surfing over a great meal and a cold cerveza Panama! I'll be back the next time I'm down there!

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Cholo's has the best food in the area,with daily specials! The pork tacos were real tasty. The brownie with ice cream was an awesome way to end a meal. Owen the owner provided excellent service. He came over to our table and spent time with each customer. Provided humor and tips about Panama. Made us feel like family! Highly recommend !!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I was there last year and really enjoyed it. Cholo himself was very friendly. He mentioned they would be moving soon, so I'm looking forward to visiting his new location when I go back to Panama this year!

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Just got back to my trip around all panama and I eat with my friends in two times (my 1st and my last night, the food is amaizing the owners so stoke to see you there, the service just perfect and the best of all COOL PANAMA BEERS

THANK YOU GUYS I HAD AMAIZING TIME WITH YOU!!!

Your friends from costa rica

Reviewed September 13, 2012

You cannot go wrong when you choose to go to Cholo's Comida Mexicana in Coronado. From the moment we entered we were wrapped in friendliness and thanked for our visit.This let us know we were in the right place. Owen and Mariela are excellent hosts. They have turned their former residence into an inviting, colorful, vibrant restaurant. The wall decorations and the videos played on their television reflect Owen's love of surfing. Their menu is extensive and offers fare not often found in Panama. Our meal began with hot, freshly prepared chips and salsa. You could make a meal just from the chips. I enjoyed the Spinach Quesadilla, while my husband devoured the Pescado Veragua. Once I tried the pescado (fish) I ordered it on our following visit. And we were surprised to get FREE refills of our iced tea.We will return for that perk alone. :) The friendly conversation with both Owen and Mariela was as good as dessert. In the end, the bill was quite reasonable considering the quality of the cuisine and service. We will return again and again.

1  Thank EllieWharton