“Must stop in Gorgona!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Eagle River, Alaska, United States
“Must stop in Gorgona!”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Cholo's has the best food in the area,with daily specials! The pork tacos were real tasty. The brownie with ice cream was an awesome way to end a meal. Owen the owner provided excellent service. He came over to our table and spent time with each customer. Provided humor and tips about Panama. Made us feel like family! Highly recommend !!

Chicago
“Great place to eat!”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I was there last year and really enjoyed it. Cholo himself was very friendly. He mentioned they would be moving soon, so I'm looking forward to visiting his new location when I go back to Panama this year!

Visited March 2012
Playa Flamingo, Costa Rica
“The BEST RESTAURANT in PANAMA”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Just got back to my trip around all panama and I eat with my friends in two times (my 1st and my last night, the food is amaizing the owners so stoke to see you there, the service just perfect and the best of all COOL PANAMA BEERS

THANK YOU GUYS I HAD AMAIZING TIME WITH YOU!!!

Your friends from costa rica

Panama City, Panama
“Best of Food AND Service”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

You cannot go wrong when you choose to go to Cholo's Comida Mexicana in Coronado. From the moment we entered we were wrapped in friendliness and thanked for our visit.This let us know we were in the right place. Owen and Mariela are excellent hosts. They have turned their former residence into an inviting, colorful, vibrant restaurant. The wall decorations and the videos played on their television reflect Owen's love of surfing. Their menu is extensive and offers fare not often found in Panama. Our meal began with hot, freshly prepared chips and salsa. You could make a meal just from the chips. I enjoyed the Spinach Quesadilla, while my husband devoured the Pescado Veragua. Once I tried the pescado (fish) I ordered it on our following visit. And we were surprised to get FREE refills of our iced tea.We will return for that perk alone. :) The friendly conversation with both Owen and Mariela was as good as dessert. In the end, the bill was quite reasonable considering the quality of the cuisine and service. We will return again and again.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank EllieWharton
Panama City, Panama
“New Location & more to offer ! Great Mexican !”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Owen and Mariela, owners, make you feel right at home. When you walk in the door you are always personally greeted. They are the nicest people and work very hard. They have recently moved to bigger quarters and they have added on. They now have just recently opened (on the same site) a Fish and Chips restaurant with the freshest fish, shrimps, etc. served to perfection. This is a first in the Coronado area !
Owen speaks english and spanish so he is a big hit with expats as well as the Panamanian diners. If you have any questions about the area from surfing sites to where to look for a home, Owen is very knowledgeable.
The fajitas are to die for, and of course, authentic burritos and tacos are popular. There are lots of Vegetarian choices on their menu as well. As soon as you sit down you are given gratis a basket of just-made tortilla chips with the best salsa! They have a full bar and host Margarita nights which are very popular and, of course, very cold beer. I love their refried beans....the best ! You can eat inside or outside. On Sundays they have a huge breakfast crowd with waffles to eggs with biscuit and gravy. They also have opened a small ice cream window with sundaes and ice cream cones to go on this site.
On the weekends, be prepared to wait on Fri. or Sat. nites when the Panamanians come to their weekend homes at the beaches area and they love to frequent Cholo's also so it is crowded.
New location: when coming from Panama City turn right just before the gas station and Cochez onto the road to Las Lajas. Follow this road about 1/4 mile and you cannot miss their signage on the left.
The prices are very reasonable; much more reasonable than many restaurants in the Coronado area. We have been frequenting Cholo's since they opened about five years ago and followed them to three different locations. They will be sure to stay in this new location as they own the buildings. Be sure to eat there when in this area. You won't be sorry !

• Visited August 2012