“Authentic Puerto Rican Food”
Review of La Fonda de Angelo

La Fonda de Angelo
Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Santa Isabel
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Never would have known this place was here! What a gem if what you want is REAL Puerto Rican local cusine. An old Culver miliatry buddy of my husband's offered to meet us for lunch and directed us to Angelo's. Easy enough to get to after you figure out where you are...and if you get lost, just ask..everyone in the area knows where Angelo's is! Bright green with blue trim and no sign indicating it is a restaurant...looks more like a dark local bar....but don't pass this gem by if your tastebuds are craving the crillio flavor of local PR food! Incredible service, and the best crillio flavors I've had since my 5 years in PR! The conch salad was so tasty and the rice and beans full of flavor. My husband had the charrasco steak that was the most tender melt in your mouth he's had ever! Looks isn't everything when it comes to Angelo's! Highly recommended to anyone who wants to savor the flavor of real local PR cusine!

1  Thank PilarebPonce

Reviewed February 1, 2012

The owner is one of few people trained by one of the best chef's in Puerto Rico (calimano). The product quality of materials used is always fresh and Well balanced. I have eaten, and search the very best places to eat, and I must say this is one of the few places where is worth trying. Parking is a bit tough at lunch, empty tables are almost nonexistant, but is worth the waiting, trust me.

Reviewed December 22, 2011

Forget about hotel or expensive restaurants. If you want to eat authentic puertorican food while in Puerto Rico, this is the place to go. I have been here about 10 times since I live in PR. Food always has been excellent. This is a small place, no air conditioner, street parking can be difficult to get, but it is so worth it. Fish, churrasco, tostones (plantain fritters), arroz con juelles (rice with crab meat)...excellent!!!

Reviewed May 12, 2011

Located downtown Santa Isabel in a old traditional wooden locale with a bar and informal tables. I can say that if you want to experience what Puertorrican food is all about this is the place to go. Plantain fritters, rice and beans can mingle with duck, lobster, churrasco, fish and other dishes delightfully prepared by its owner. The only inconvenience could be parking... so arrive early for lunch.

1  Thank crp_8
Reviewed January 23, 2011

I had been eating at 30-40 dollar a plate restaurants all week when I was brought to this location for lunch. I can say, without doubt, that this is the best food I ate while on this island, and some of the best food I have eaten in my life. The food is definitely authentic Puerto Rican. The first time for lunch I had a fillet of Grouper (Mero), in a light, salt, pepper, garlic, and oil sauce, with a side of tostones, and green salad. Second time I had Conch and Octopus on greens with a light olive oil based dressing, tostones, and tomatos (Ensalada de caracol marino y pulpo). This place will haunt my dreams until I can get to it again.