“Outstanding and very reasonable” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Restaurante Farol

Restaurante Farol
Ranked #12 of 206 Restaurants in Almada
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Scenic view, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The "Farol" is a century-old restaurant, the oldest in Setubal and is known for good beer and good seafood, from their own aquariums. With a cozy atmosphere and a great ''Tejo'' river and Lisbon's view, it's a great place to be.The name "Farol" came from the lighthouse's existence in Cacilhas who once helped navigation of small boats,called "Cacilheiros".Cacilheiros are an easy transport to lots of people in Lisbon to the other side of the Tagus river. You can combine the great tour with the excelence to be able to lunch or dinner in Cacilhas and taste our fish or seafood.
Rotonda West, Florida
“Outstanding and very reasonable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

We had a very nice and extremely tasty lunch here while visiting Cacilhas across the Tagus river from Lisbon via a ferry behind the Cais do Sodre train station. as you exit the ferry this restaurant is tucked in a corner to your right. Can't miss it. The waiter suggested the Fresh Grouper which I immediately ordered and it was delicious. Served with tender potatoes and vegy's, I thought I was in heaven until I tasted my wife's selection of Grilled octopus in garlic olive oil. Best seafood dish I have ever eaten and we eat a lot of seafood. The portion of octopus for a lunch serving was enough to last the rest of the day. Only drawback about this restaurant is they put bread, butter, some sardine paste and other condiments on the table and then charge you if you eat them. We didn't know but now you do :)

• Visited September 2013

• Arabic first
Salmiyah, Kuwait
“good seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

visited with friends and family, very good food, sangria was awesome, loved the crabs and scampis, good ambience. price wise reasonable. easy to find just off the ferry terminal.
Take the ferry from Lisbons’ Cais do Sodré to Cacilhas at the other side of the river Tagus.

• Visited April 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fresh, tasty and great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

My mum visited this place in 2005 and again with my dad in 2012, and they simply insisted I visited when I mentioned I was going through Portugal.

My friend and I ordered a sea food platter for 2 with chips and salad and received a meal for for at least 4 people due to the delicious bread, cheese and sardine pâté accompaniments.

The seafood was fresh, with a great variety. The garlic cooked prawns were my favourite, and the clams.

We got a small bottle of green wine (the local specialty) for 5 euro which was great too!

The waiter also constantly removed our used shells which was helpful.

• Visited September 2013
Russellville, Alabama
“Excellent local food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Wonderful seafood at less than 1/2 of the upscale restaurants that we went to in Lisbon. My husbands partner suggested this local place and the clams were out of this world as good as mine. The prices were excellent. It does not have a lot of ambiance but is one of the best meals certainly for the price we had in Portugal. Our guide had never heard of it our hotel had not either. But both know about it now.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Maudie B
Melbourne, Australia
“Seafood by the Tagus River”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

This restaurant is located by the Tagus River just next to the ferry station. There’s a display of fresh seafood lying on beds of ice as you enter. We had a banquet that introduced us to a variety of Portuguese prepared seafood. Garlic prawns, squids, grilled sardines, clams, seafood chowder etc. and also paella. Everything went down well with a couple of cold beers.

Although service was prompt, you get the feeling of being rushed.

• Visited October 2012