“Fantastic Find”

The Two Brewers Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Shoreham
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Two Brewers is a family-run restaurant set in the idyllic surroundings of Shoreham Village. Here, situated just opposite Shoreham village hall, in the very heart of the West Kent countryside, we pride ourselves on our capacity to provide the very best quality cuisine for our customers. Indeed, not only is our food freshly-prepared, but, perhaps most importantly, it is locally sourced; and we certainly remain dedicated to maintaining such distinctive and commendable standards.What is more, The Two Brewers has been recently redecorated to provide a clean, welcoming, and comfortable environment for all of its clients. Late last year we also had our health and safety spot check, and are very proud to announce our five stars award!
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We were first introduced to the Two Brewers when a friend booked the pub to celebrate her 50th Birthday. It was a great place to hold the function, good size and great food.
We returned the next day to collect our cars and stayed for Sunday lunch. Although it is classed as a pub you do need to reserve, as all the tables are set up for dinner. The food again could not be faulted. We took friends from Brighton for Saturday dinner a few weeks later (we were glad we booked a table as again it was full and very popular).
It is a family run business and you are made to feel warm and welcome (loved the open fire). It is great to have found a restaurant / pub with great food and atmosphere that does not belong to part of a chain.
Looking forward to our next visit......
Diane and Bruce (Skiathos, Greece)
Looking forward to our next visit.

1  Thank Diane S
Thetwobrewers S, Owner at The Two Brewers Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

We are delighted to hear you have enjoyed several stays @ the two brewers, a party & a couple of meals. Private parties @ the pub are becoming increasingly popular, for all different occasions. It's great to hear you had such an enjoyable time. Many thanks for taking the time to write us a lovely review, and for recommending us. We hope to see you again soon. Megan & family

Reviewed December 13, 2013

I felt compelled to write a review in defence of a friend's review in November which referred to a parking issue. I was dining with this person on this day. To give credit where credit is due our initial experience was very positive - the food was very tasty (i had a lovely salad and he had the pie,) the decor is very pleasant and the barmaid that served us lunch was perfectly friendly. We happily paid up and left a tip as we had indeed greatly enjoyed our lunch. However we then set out on our walk. Just to clarify the car was left unattended for an hour and a half maximum (middle of winter post lunch walk there simply are not 5 hours of light to walk in.) Nowhere was there a sign asking us to let anyone know if we were going for a walk or where access might be needed in an emergency and as previously mentioned there were no other cars in the car park. Therefore an entirely well meaning assumption was made that this would not be a problem. On our return we were most definately not politely asked not to do this again - the whole approach was indeed confrontational and it was our shock at being spoken to in this way that compelled us to write a review. Apologies to the landlord as we both did make an assumption that this was who had spoken to us in this way and obviously were incorrect so apologies for this, However i am afraid that as paying, well meaning customers this sort of situation can indeed entirely taint your experience of an institution and thus the lower review. We were left very upset by the whole experience. This is an honest account of our experience. It was an entirely innocent mistake, may i suggest a sign in the car park or pub to avoid this misunderstanding occuring in the future?

2  Thank j s
Thetwobrewers S, Manager at The Two Brewers Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your lunch & service here @ the two brewers. In regards to the car parking, thank you for suggesting a sign for patrons, this has been noted, and I think it would be a good idea to have a polite sign asking customers to be considerate of parking, & not to park in certain spaces if leaving their car for a period of time. This would hopefully save future confusion. I have spoken to staff about parking in general, and how to advise customers for the future. As you state I hope to avoid this misunderstanding again. My apologies.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

had sunday roast several times,always spot on,both real ales and lagers are excellent and the landlord even complimented me on my triumph bonneville which i can conveniently park right next to the pub and go walkabout for an hour!what's not to like?!

2  Thank nuggit65

Many thanks for taking the time to write us a lovely review. We are very pleased to hear you had an enjoyable lunch, Sundays are our most popular day, we are delighted to hear you enjoyed one of our roasts. We hope to see you again soon, many thanks.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

after a lovely walk from knock holt! our friends who led the walk booked here!!! was very impressed from entering this establishment! Very homely and a woman's influence all the way, love the bunting.. Love ths sofa in back bar, loved the warm mushroom and Stilton salad starter... The men loved the warry ale! Well done not to forget the wood burning stove...

Thetwobrewers S, Manager at The Two Brewers Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Many thanks for your lovely review. We are very pleased to hear you had such an enjoyable stay. It seems you loved everything, which is great to hear! The pub does have a very female feel/decor, we aim to create a warm and cosy establishment. We hope to see you again soon, the pub is extra cosy at the moment with all the Christmas decorations up. Thanks again for your review, and Merry Christmas x

Reviewed November 23, 2013

A real shame - stopped at this pub for a saturday lunch, really nice food but the experience was entirely spoilt by the very rude owner. After eating we then went for a bit of a walk from the pub car park (we didnt think it would be a problem leaving our car there as we had spent a decent amount of money on lunch there and also there was only one other car in the car park...we had in fact parked in front of a sign which said please park here!!) and on our return the owner made a point of telling having a go at us for leaving our car there as they had a private party that evening. He could have brought this up in a much more polite way but chose to be rude and confrontational. We were planning to frequent this pub but this has really put us off. Obviously we did not want to inconvinience anyone and didnt realise it was an issue... so didnt expect quite such a confrontation at the end of what was meant to be a nice day. Very bad attitude to customers.

5  Thank Owen G

I'm very sorry to see that you felt the need to give us a 1 star poor review, due to a parking issue. Having had an enjoyable lunch, and experience at our establishment, it's a shame that you felt a 1 star review was a fair rating. As you can see we have lots of great reviews, which I am very proud of, and have worked very hard to achieve. Unfortunately you did not speak to the owner about this issue, and I can assure you I am not a 'very unfriendly owner', and do not have a 'bad attitude towards my customers'. I am very disappointed that you have branded me in such a way, slandering my name, when you did not even speak to me. A member of my staff spoke to me about a parking issue that had occurred on that day, and informed me that he had approached you to merely ask that for future reference if you wish to leave your car in our car park, (which I can assure you is absolutely fine), to just let us know. He said that you were very aggressive, and had totally misunderstood his request. If there are any problems, or if there is an emergency and we need to get the car moved, we need to know who the vehicle belongs to. As a responsible landlady I ask my staff to monitor the car park. You left your car unattended for almost five hours in the car park, to have a walk and enjoy our lovely village, something we recommend to lots of our customers, I am sorry that you felt being asked to let us know if you are leaving your car in the future is an unfair and rude thing to ask. It is a shame you did have the courtesy to ask to leave your car there for such a long period of time initially, and then we could have avoided this unfriendliness, which I do not feel is necessary. Had you of asked, we would have kindly asked you to move your car to the side of the car park, where it is not inconvenient, and not obstructing any other vehicles.