We stayed here the night before doing a skydive at the nearby parachutre centre. Its basically a big pub with some rooms upstairs - nicely furnished and the bathrooms are fine (although there was a towel covering a wet patch on the carpet). Beds comfy, but we were woken up at six by the market setting up opposite - but we wanted to get up early anyway. Breakfast a hearty English. Basically, fine if you need to stay in the area, but I wouldn't make a special trip. By the way, if you're doing a skydive make sure you get there by 7.30 (not 8) if you want to avoid a long wait.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 11 bedroom 15th century public house with a large car park at the rear , We are in the centre of the town and overlook the market square , We have SKY & BT tv in the bar area and at weekends we open late on Friday & Saturday nights , and although we do have quiet rooms there is noise downstairs ( we do offer ear plugs in every room ) Please ask if you need a quiet room and we will try and cater for you . breakfast is served from 7am-9 am , but if you need it any later please ask ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Ye Olde Griffin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ye Olde Griffin Hotel March
- Ye Olde Griffin March, United Kingdom