Skylark Maize Maze & Funyard
Open today: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Halloween fun, more to add??

Joanna W
via mobile
Week of Wickedness, day out

Philip W

All reviews tractor ride pig racing go karts bouncy castle garden centre zip wire water guns great fun children aged den building bouncy pillow feed the animals entry fee value for money all ages great family day water fight
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Great day out with our 2year old son. We loved the miaze maze and tractor ride shooting ghosts & ghouls. The pig racing is a truely unique specitcle. Bouncy & slidey stuff too.
Picking our own pumpkins was my personal favourite.
But, I can't help feeling there is more that can be provided to make the entry fee worth it. Stalls selling pumpkin squash and pumpkin pie? Hook a ghost? The list could go on.... maybe just including a free pumpkin?
Rather than £2 a pop!
It's an ever developing event centre, I know and feel it can only get better.
One downside was the food, absolutely delicious BUT nearly an hour to wait and no where to sit!!!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I took my 10 year old grandson to Skylark over the school half-term on a sunny but cold day. We arrived at 10.03am and left shortly before it shut; Thomas was never bored as he went round the very safe site, made friends and just thoroughly enjoyed himself.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Been quite a few times now with the family. Just keeps getting better. Have a new outdoor cafe and a set of three high slides. Went for Halloween day out with pumpkin carving. Also had an entertainer there for 15:00 but left before then as the weather was bitterly cold. Massive marque with picnic tables and another for the pumpkin carving. Staff are always friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Nice day out but not much for children over 11. Go carts , tractor ride , slides and maize are nice to have but again for younger children . The magic show was good but again more for under 7’s. Slightly irritating that people were “ saving “ seats for others who arrived just as the show started . Could have many more attractions on offer .

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We went for lunch on a Saturday and the cafe wasn’t busy at all.
We had to sit outside because it was so warm inside. We ordered 3 sandwiches and had to wait 25 minutes for our food. This seemed incredibly long with a hungry family, consider what we ordered and the lack of others waiting for food.
The food was good but I wouldn’t rush back.

Reviewed October 1, 2018

lovely fresh hot brunch, plenty of choices on the menu,staff really good nothing too much trouble, inside and outside dining available.

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

We had a nice day here but be warned about the castle slides! They are very very dangerous! The girl running them said it was fine for my 2.5 year old son to go on them. It wasn't. They are really fast and my son banged his head badly. There was no urgency to the injury and were left alone to deal with it after they provided me with an ice pack. I spoke to the manager and was advised the slides were declared safe but reading other reviews it is clear there have been issues. It is disgusting that my son was allowed to go on the slides and was actively encouraged by the girl running them. There needs to be a health and safety review and an age or height restriction enforced. Skylark gave us a full refund and we did enjoy the rest of the day once my son settled down, but I will never go back.

Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely morning here! In fact we were the only ones here for about an hour! The boys took full advantage and went onto the go karts! Fab fun! Wizzing around! The onto the downer...the new castle slides...these things are dangerous!!!! They send u down at the fastest speed where you clunk all your limbs and you have a 20cm drop onto a soft pad mat to finish the experience! We all come off in shock! I was surprised this doesn’t come with a huge warning sign and a ‘not suitable for children under _____’ sign! The hay bales, bouncy castle and giant pillow were all a hit! The maze was good but the boys enjoyed the pesky pigeon ride the most! Fun was had by all...except for the dangerous slides! These really need looking at for health and safety!

Bart W, Manager at Skylark Maize Maze & Funyard, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018

Dear Emma,

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate all feedback both good and bad to help us improve the service we offer.

We are so glad to hear you had a great time and enjoyed many of our attractions.

The health and safety of our visitors is our top priority and with this in mind the slide has been inspected by ROSPA to ensure it meets all their standards. We also constantly inspect all our equipment including the slide on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

What a fantastic place. The maze is huge and the map was a great asset as taking small children round they get bored too quickly. Shame the prize at the end is only a sticker. The cost is quite high to get in but all activities are included. We would go again but this year the dinosaur completely won us over.

1  Thank Ilbe_anders
Reviewed September 1, 2018

What can I say, we had a brilliant day out and Skylark, the kids came back so tired we knew that was a sign of a good day out. Since the last time we came which I beleive to be last year, everything has been changed, making it easier to keep a track of the kids, you can see everything from one overall area. We attempted the maize yesterday, when I got to the maize we were signed in and Katrina was so good with the kids, the interation was amazing, we conquered the maize I dont know if the cut throughs helped us very much though. Took a picnic to make it slightly more of a cheap day. Still brought the kids ice creams from the bbq hut. The place was super tidy with no litter. All staff were friendly.